Discuss New Trades Career in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

@paingtonpete
Great response. Its hard enough when looking for a trusted source that when you find comments on threads like this sends your decision you've made spiraling ! Most of the comments make me wonder what type of people will call something a scam when they have already signed up to it? I have read through all the official documents that the college provide and the funding organisation and all are regulated either by the FCA or the consumer credit act of 1974..All the qualifications are provided through City & Guilds and meet QCF requirements, BPEC, ACS, MCS, GAS SAFE and NVQ that also lead onto further recognised standards Gold Card, JIB, AM2, After doing further research I have also found that to be registered and have a registration number these are not handed out to any organisation.

I have just gone into it and until you mentioned it had no idea about the profile. It's not the passion for the college, I'm voicing an opinion based on facts, my facts. When someone calls it a scam and I'm at the same college thats not my experience.

I suspected like @westward that you where a tutor or lecturer so checked your profile.

If you are a lecturer, this is not a problem as it means we get the other side of the argument. To deny it is taking away credibility to your argument.

On another note to flip the reviews a bit. I’d like to say I did all or most of my training at South Devon College in paignton and dcet in Exeter. I cannot fault the training or service I have received.
The only criticism I had was a lecturer was off sick at south Devon college for several weeks during my C&G lv2 so a big chunk of the course was not provided. ( all the 3 phase stuff)
I made an appointment with a senior lecturer and raised my concerns. I made it concerns rather than complaint. He took me to one side in a class and covered everything I had missed.
Thats how you deal with a complaint on both sides. Simple.

I suspected like @westward that you where a tutor or lecturer so checked your profile.

If you are a lecturer, this is not a problem as it means we get the other side of the argument. To deny it is taking away credibility to your argument.

On another note to flip the reviews a bit. I’d like to say I did all or most of my training at South Devon College in paignton and dcet in Exeter. I cannot fault the training or service I have received.
The only criticism I had was a lecturer was off sick at south Devon college for several weeks during my C&G lv2 so a big chunk of the course was not provided. ( all the 3 phase stuff)
I made an appointment with a senior lecturer and raised my concerns. I made it concerns rather than complaint. He took me to one side in a class and covered everything I had missed.
Thats how you deal with a complaint on both sides. Simple.
I agree, however I am not a tutor or a lecturer...My background is in the Media and after lockdown my career was pulled from under me so looked at the trades.
Can anyone help in how I can amend that?

I've got a massive wake-up call 2 weeks ago when i got this screen you see attached here. At any point whatsoever crossed my mind that my course will expire before i finish it. It was sold to me as 'learn at your peace when you can'. It did take longer than my initial plans to finish it in 2 years.Screenshot_20210320-142048_Samsung Internet.jpg

However 2 weeks ago when i was denied access to a my account and to a live training, I've phoned the 'tutors team' and I've been sent to call administration office. From there I've got a text message link to a webpage where to request an extension. On a third call I've been 'advised' it will take 10 working days...

Wednesday evening I've found a letter when i got home asking for £400 bank transfer. Thursday i was completely depressed could not even tell my family about this issue. Yesterday i was busy with work. I will get in contact with whomever they are on this Monday.

I'm not slagging anyone here and I'm not complaining either. Pure statement of my ongoing experience.

I must point out that out there are many other experiences very similar to mine and reviews and feedbacks are very very worryingly, as in this: quote: "I've paid £7k for 3 textbooks" and many more.

I did not come to complain here. I've had a few comments on this thread many months ago, I've added couple of lines 2 weeks following that i would come back and share my experience once solved either way. Since yesterday this thread simply got inflamed by very positive feedbacks. Mine is not positive at this very moment at all tho

I've got a massive wake-up call 2 weeks ago when i got this screen you see attached here. At any point whatsoever crossed my mind that my course will expire before i finish it. It was sold to me as 'learn at your peace when you can'. It did take longer than my initial plans to finish it in 2 years.View attachment 83523

However 2 weeks ago when i was denied access to a my account and to a live training, I've phoned the 'tutors team' and I've been sent to call administration office. From there I've got a text message link to a webpage where to request an extension. On a third call I've been 'advised' it will take 10 working days...

Wednesday evening I've found a letter when i got home asking for £400 bank transfer. Thursday i was completely depressed could not even tell my family about this issue. Yesterday i was busy with work. I will get in contact with whatever they are Monday.

I'm not slagging anyone here and I'm not complaining either. Pure statement of my ongoing experience.

I must point out that out there are many other experiences very similar to mine and reviews and feedbacks are very very worryingly, as in this: quote: "I've paid £7k for 3 textbooks" and many more.

I did not come to complain here. I've had a few comments on this thread many months ago, I've added couple of lines 2 weeks following that i would come back and share my experience once solved either way. Since yesterday this thread simply got inflamed by very positive feedbacks. Mine is not positive at this very moment at all tho
I feel your pain and am sympathetic to your issues.

ive tried to be open minded on this issue as sometimes getting one side of an argument is not enough to made an informed decision.

If it helps I am leaning toward your point of view. And hope what you have said on this site will give others looking at doing what you have done information for them to make an informed choice.

Last edited:
Course may or may not be good. Sounds like an organisation with poor customer service. All resources devoted to hard sell and sign up to credit agreement. If the pandemic has caused issues then all clients should have been updated by the company as to the planned alternative arrangements.

As I have said before, this course is designed for people who already work full time in completely different fields and are looking to make a change but can’t afford to stop working, hence, the theory is done in your own time and weeks are done when you can book weeks off work. You are completely correct in that real world experience really does make the difference and I have seen how different the electricians mates are to the office workers, so to speak, when it came to the practical tests due to their on site experience...
Have you passed your level 3 NVQ with NTC?

@Theluxecrew I have just read though this thread and as others feel there is some kine of vested interest in your posts, they read like an advert in the first instance and then pashonet defence of their working ethics which others have found wanting, you slate others on here for describing what they have found, but you jump to the defence on every occasions with your own what you say are facts, your credibility is seriously in question.

Yep a keyboard warrior that has been around the block a few times and recognise a scam artist when he sees one extolling the virtues of a discredited company.

Yep a keyboard warrior that has been around the block a few times and recognise a scam artist when he sees one extolling the virtues of a discredited company.
As if you'd know...Show me your qualifications or evidence mate to discriminate anyone! Shame on you !! At least my evidence is Based on fact and not just hearsay..now tap on mate.

Signed up with NTC for Full Scope Electrician and Solar course back in August 2020. My background at the time was wall curtain fixer/groundworker.

Spoke to a bloke named Naz or Saj can’t remember his name. We chatted for several days before I’ve committed and made me aware of everything that the college has to offer. He also brought into discussion my partner and asked her if this is the right choice for myself (financially). My biggest concern was how would I get the experience required to work in this field if it’s mostly study at your own pace kind of course. He stated over the phone that after getting my NVQ lvl2 I will have the chance to work for 6 months with one of their partners and get on site experience. I don’t know if this is just something that he said to make me happy or it’s pure -------s.

Got up to TMA 11 and still waiting for my first H&S test and first hands on weekend.
Tutors have been okay so far. If I got a question they will answer back in a day or two. They don’t check on my progress which is understandable.
Plenty of videos covering all subjects on the student website and loads of helpful tips on how to pass C&G exams.

I sort of lost interest in the course midway as the country was on lockdown and there was no point studying any further if tests weren’t coming up or there weren’t any practical lessons.

After attending the first practical lesson I will come back with more feedback on NTC.

I trained with new trades career - the chap you spoke to IS a salesman but the course is legit. If you can afford to, pay up front for the whole course and save a shedload.
You will have 3 years to complete the course - it should take you to level 3 and cover your AM2.
The actual training is done by a city and guilds registered company, and most of the work is done from home (theory) with 1 week courses at a centre to do practicals and take exams.
My experience is that you need to either already be an electricians mate or improver etc or have a very good idea about being an electrician.
People that have come straight from other areas/school seem to struggle. The exams can be difficult but it is genuine C&G stuff that all the electricians on this site would have taken.
We are, after all, the geniuses of the building industry!!!
I trained whit them< but after 3 years i dont finish the course.....what is hapen now? i lose all?

Reply to New Trades Career in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net