Discuss Nic Assesment this friday, just one thread today!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sparkyork

hi all, thanks for all your responces over the past couple of days.

assesment is this friday.

major job: consumer unit change done to the 17th, completed on 07/07/08. just got 2 rcbos to fit in the board tonight then this job is hopefully ok. except for, completed the certs on 16th forms, and one bathroom lightfitting is out of zone by 30mm. gonna redo the forms on 17th's (unless anyone says ill be ok), garage is fed from 16a mcb on RCD into a 20a DP metal clad isolator via 2.5 T&e (next to fuse board), from isolator to 2.5 2 core SWA to 2 Way consumer in garage feeding a 5amp llighting and 15a socket circuit. put this board on a seperate schedule of test results and took this board PSCC and inserted info on this sheet.

minor job: done to the 16th, Existing double socket protected by BS 3036 30a and is a spur off the ring, changed this to a RCD FCU and installed one double scoket next to this FCU and from this to anothet dbl. (Ring main to RCD Fcu to one double to one double) , main equipotential bonding ok. supp bonding not ok but doesnt matter.

Need to buy a pair of insulated croc clips and fly leads for Ring tests, a pair of Approved stepladders and thats it i think.

picking up multifunction tester "test box" 2moro aswell, to go with the company record of meters accuracy thing

other than going through previous jobs and making sure all paperwork is there incase they wanna have a look, i think im about there, bit of swatting up on testing (is a bit of a slow area for me, and proper procedures on test sheets!)

any comments/thoughts gratefully received

rich

I just wanna say good luck fella...hope you dont take this the wrong way but I will be glad when its over with and not cus of your posts just that theres been such a buildup to it even im staying up at night worrying about it :D:D

Honestly though with your attention to detail and obvious knowledge you will fly it

cheers monty, yeah i have been a bit exescive on the posts!! just want it over with so i can take a calmer outlook to life!

As monty says, all the best Rich.

I am sure that we all hope that we have been of help, even if only to give you a laugh.

If the effort you've put in is half what it has appeared on the threads you should have no problem.

Tony

thanks guys its friday tho for me assesment!

shoud i redo me major job on to a 17th set of certificates or would they not be too bothered

Last edited:
cheers mark,

shoud i redo me major job on to a 17th set of certificates or would they not be too bothered, got an nic trial certificate programme could type it out on that?

what 3 things need to be in place to not supp bond in bathrooms?

10mm equipotential bonding, rcd and ?? TN c s or???

put this board on a seperate schedule of test results and took this board PSCC and inserted info on this sheet.

Dont forget pfc at the cu aswel as the pscc use which ever is the higher.
The nic assessor will probably ask you to show the pscc test.

cheers guys, im ok with Ze at main consumer, ie disconnecting main earth and testing this only and getting pfc this way aswell, didnt know if doing Ze at garage consumer you call it Zdb tho, im not supposed to fill out sheet 2 for the garage am i? its off the same consumer as you know so its listed on sheet3.

should i redo me test sheets to 17th certs aswell?

Reply to Nic Assesment this friday, just one thread today!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock