Discuss nic on site assesment in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

iv booked my assesment with elecsa today i wanted to go wiv nic but because i had to notify building control prior to my assesment witch was goin to cost me 400quid for my 2jobs major and minor i changed me mind and went the elecsa roote, i spoke to a lady at nic she said thy dont notify buildin control for your first assesment witch i thinks mad because thay are a buildin control body it would of cost me nearly 900 quid to join nic with there fee and buildin control its a joke lol elecsa fee 414 and thts for full scope abit of diffrence dont ya think ;-)

iv booked my assesment with elecsa today i wanted to go wiv nic but because i had to notify building control prior to my assesment witch was goin to cost me 400quid for my 2jobs major and minor i changed me mind and went the elecsa roote, i spoke to a lady at nic she said thy dont notify buildin control for your first assesment witch i thinks mad because thay are a buildin control body it would of cost me nearly 900 quid to join nic with there fee and buildin control its a joke lol elecsa fee 414 and thts for full scope abit of diffrence dont ya think ;-)
its your choice to involve labc, as i said before i dont think nic assessor can fail you for not notifying but he will mark it as a non compliance :eek:

i chose nic as thats the name that everyone knows and that is their first port of call ;)

my local labc only charge £50 + vat to notify if you are a qualified spark

mine was an ebay bargain 22 quid delivered. same box in cef 49.99 :eek:
if you want the details jason let me know and i will pm you ;)

thanks for the offer, but i have just read the latest Elecsa rag and they have a 'CalCard' for £20.

Looks about the size of a credit card and, they say, if you can prove consistent results using this, or any other method, that you neednt have your meters calibrated every year?:confused:?

Not sure about that to be honest.

No indeed. I check mine every month with my check box and test socket and record results. Then send it away every 12 months to be calibrated properly.

Any more info on this card thingy J??

thanks for the offer, but i have just read the latest Elecsa rag and they have a 'CalCard' for £20.

Looks about the size of a credit card and, they say, if you can prove consistent results using this, or any other method, that you neednt have your meters calibrated every year?:confused:?

Not sure about that to be honest.
thats right jason. nic say that as long as you keep monthly records with one of these gizmos theres no need for annual calibration:D
my nic assessor said its been 6 years since he had his calibrated :eek:
annual calibration is only checking against known values like this anyway :rolleyes:

looked at that calcard but reckoned i would have more chance of losing that so went for the bigger more robust box that will always be in my way in the toolbox :p

hi fluky so ya sayin i could book my nic assesment without notifyin labc and i could still pass my assesment???

Hi Flukey
Is this a cal check box ? havent seen them for £20 only over £100 wheres cheapest ?
Regards
Kung.

Just got the socket & see CB200 £171 was going to get cheaper one but this does cont/insu/loop/rcd 30ma as i would have got the cheaper and used a known socket at home but knowing my luck id get a dodgy rcd and another then have to go back home to test meter so at least i can do all checks onsite also have to use my old CU supply board as non rcd to use the rcd test function of the checkbox or a socket not on rcd side ! bit of a pain also for the price it wouldnt hurt to put a proving function on them for your voltage testers to prove circuit dead ! bit of a rip off the price of proving units.

Reply to nic on site assesment in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock