Discuss NICEIC competent person scheme for domestic EICRs in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pretty Mouth

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not sure this has been posted on the forum yet, thought it may be of interest. It appears NICEIC are launching a CPS for electricians carrying out EICRs in the domestic sector:

Looks like it's an add-on, as you already have to be registered as, at a minimum, domestic installer, to qualify. Interesting to note that NICEIC are stating that only registered electricians should be carrying out EICRs (last page of following factsheet):

Not sure this has been posted on the forum yet, thought it may be of interest. It appears NICEIC are launching a CPS for electricians carrying out EICRs in the domestic sector:

Looks like it's an add-on, as you already have to be registered as, at a minimum, domestic installer, to qualify. Interesting to note that NICEIC are stating that only registered electricians should be carrying out EICRs (last page of following factsheet):

Scams upon Scams then?

Another money making scam, getting ----ed off with them as a lot of letting agents will jump on the band wagon and only accept reports from 'scheme' members... :mad:

A little bit of digging online found this, it's NAPIT's equivalent:

Didn't think it would be long before all the scams jumped on the same band wagon. more courses, more meaningless exams to pass, more expenses more cost to Mr and Mrs J Public I would imagine, still never mind Eh.? blooming glad I out of the scam race. Oh and more titles for chaps and chapeses to call themselves I would bet. Like EICR Electrician, etc. City and Guilds EICR along with Part P what could go wrong? the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Wait for the first round of courses and we will be getting loads of question about EICRs, anyone got any practice papers as I have decided to change my profession, and become an EICR tester the mind does indeed bogle. What's next CandG in SWA termination, Remote building installations, trade has or is going to Rat S---.

Last edited:

Reply to NICEIC competent person scheme for domestic EICRs in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock