Discuss Niceic domestic installer in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

flukey

-
Reaction score
hi all
took the plunge today and booked my part poo assessment with nic.

cant believe the phone was answered within 2 rings but i got the distinct impression the person on the other end couldnt be arsed to process my order :mad:

once my money had been taken i was told that next years renewal would fall on the anniversary of my enrollment, todays date :confused:

how can that be if they cant be arsed to assess me for another 6 weeks :confused:

surely the anniversary is when you are accepted onto their scheme :mad:

hopefully no texting at all. its a measure of my skills as a n electrician not use of my phone lol

hopefully no texting at all. its a measure of my skills as a n electrician not use of my phone lol
:D

I think he means testing.

Different assessors ask to do different things.

Luck of the draw on the day.

Mine just asked for an RCD test!:D

Mind you, he did ask me a shed load of questions. Would rather have done loads of testing.

Had my annual checkout with the NIC assessor on Monday (DI), Only testing I did was Zs on a socket outlet but had a number of questions on testing procedures and acceptable values. They are hot on documentation so make sure your paperwork is up to scratch.

quick update for you all.
had my assessment date come through today for 9th april.:eek:
spoke to nic to see if i could bring it forward as that is still 5 weeks away.
cant believe they offered me monday 2nd march, less than a week.:)
hopefully all goes well and this might be some kind of record from initial contact to acceptance ;)

quick update for you all.
had my assessment date come through today for 9th april.:eek:
spoke to nic to see if i could bring it forward as that is still 5 weeks away.
cant believe they offered me monday 2nd march, less than a week.:)
hopefully all goes well and this might be some kind of record from initial contact to acceptance ;)

NO NO Flukey
Quick phone them back and say the 9th april is fine then email me and irll phone and say the 2nd march is ok for me ;)

Reply to Niceic domestic installer in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock