Discuss niceic eic cert in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I

iceman

hi i was just wondering on the niceic eic green cert where it say reference methord do i put in A B C D wot ever methord it says out of the big reg book or do i need to put in 101 etc for clipped direct to a joist above plaster board any help would be great cheers:cool:

cheers guys i thought u did but wasnt sure just wanted to get it right as im takin the niceic by the short n curlys soon i'll let ya knw how i get on ;-)

As you have installed a circuit and we are now working to the 17th you should put 101 etc and not the A/C.

Tis what i do now anyway.

However, im not with the NIC and my certs dont even ask for this info.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "A B C" method is for your cert, the 101, 102 etc is for working out the current carrying capacity of your cable i.e. worst case along the entire length of the cable run.

Try not to confuse your assessor with these sort of questions - many aren`t as clever as you would suppose..........:rolleyes:

yeah but on the green niceic eic that iv gotta to use for me assesment is big enough for the 101 or 102 reference methord, witch is it thn i put in a b or c or 101 102 etc???

Have to say im not convinced about the letters thing as they dont appear to be listed anywhere in the new regs.

I aint got me book to hand but I remember a few that I use - method 3 - clipped direct, method 6 - horizontal trunking run, method 7 - vertical trunking run. Also I do put 101 for T+E in insulation plus 6 or 7 if it runs in trunking.

Reply to niceic eic cert in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock