Discuss No CPC’s, conduit doing it’s job, C2 or C3? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I’ve just done an EICR on an old 2 bed flat that is wired in all metal conduit wired in singles however there are no CPC’s. The conduits are all bushed into the old rewireable board and back boxes/conduit boxes for lights and I’m getting good Zs readings at all outlets through the sockets/lights being fixed into the back boxes/ conduit boxes. There are no fly leads from the boxes to the cpc terminal on any of the sockets/fittings as there are no fixed terminals on the back boxes due to their age. All bonding is in place and I will be upgrading the consumer unit to a new RCBO board. I’m considering putting the fact their are no CPC’s down as a C3 rather than a C2 as it was obviously compliant at the time and I’m achieving compliant Zs readings. Thoughts?

What are you questioning no cpcs to the accessory front plates or no cpcs through the conduits.

With power accessories such as socket and fuse connection outlets the cpc is important as would metal be for metal plated light switches but you have to make a judgement as to how detrimental their absence is. How are the light fittings connected to the conduit system.

Recently an old customer called me querying an eicr that had a C1 for no cpc in a conduit socket system; she found it odd as the last report from 5 year ago was fine. Had a look at the report and not one zs reading for any circuits; told customer report not worth a #### and to get another. Next report has a C3 for no earth conductor even thou Zs reading all good. I dont do eicr,s but feel I would do a better job of it than some of the carp I see on a regular basis!

Reply to No CPC’s, conduit doing it’s job, C2 or C3? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net