Discuss No Electrical current in one of my wires in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dipesh

-
Reaction score
Hi,

Please help, I have 3 LED small lights in 3 different locations in my house, running off a transformer, which then splits to 3 of the location. Recently one of the LED stopped working and then the second one, the third one still works, I changed the transformer to a new one no joy, then I tested the LED itself on a battery (small wat LED) and it lit up, then I checked the wire to see if there is any current coming to it, and there is no current. how can it suddenly stop working? and how could I resolve this? unfortunately I can not access the whole wires as it is in walls and under the floors.

Can anyone please help or advise?

Thanks in advance.

Are they daisy chained from the transformer, in other words does the wiring go to the first, then the second and on to the third.

I suspect that one of the key issues is the length of the cable between the transformer and the lights ............ what do the manufacturers instructions say?

Hi Dipesh and Welcome to the Forum:)
Maybe there's a wonky connection or the cable is not continuous any more (mouse eaten it?). Perhaps try connecting all 3 leds to the transformer locally to confirm all 3 and tx still ok ?

I suspect that one of the key issues is the length of the cable between the transformer and the lights ............ what do the manufacturers instructions say?
The length is OK as it has been working for the last 4 years, and the manufacturers said the length is fine :(

Hi Dipesh and Welcome to the Forum:)
Maybe there's a wonky connection or the cable is not continuous any more (mouse eaten it?). Perhaps try connecting all 3 leds to the transformer locally to confirm all 3 and tx still ok ?
OK I will have to try that, I'm just a bit scared to take the othr LED lights out as it put in hard into the wall :(

mice like chewing cables, especially small ones ............
yeah I know I'm hoping its not that... I need the LEDs to work I have no idea what to do know, could I run it off normal batteries, but then I guess I don't know how long they will last, as I these LED on 24/7

Hi @Dipesh , welcome to the forums.

Some pictures may help... of the transformer, the connections and maybe one of the lights.

I'd also like to ask... how and where did you test the LEDs with a battery?

Reply to No Electrical current in one of my wires in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock