Discuss Noise on circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mularky

Hi guys,
I have a strange one. I was called to a property recently to an intermittent alarm on a heating fill set (mikrofill EFD). I have fitted many of these in the past with no problems. I contacted the manufacturers who advised me that the fault could be interference on the circuit due to inverter pumps or mo/mc actuators and suggested fitting a suppressor.
As per there instruction I fitted suppressor and switched on waited 10-15 mins but fault still occurs.
I have connected item to another phase in the property same thing .
contacted manufacturer again and now they think it may be RF interference. wireless thermostats etc.
Switched off stats same issue.
After speaking to the client she informed me that this is the second of these unit to be installed in the last month because the previous unit had the same fault and prior to that replaced a different unit (flowmec) which also uses pressure transducers to activate a pump instead of a solenoid. Flowmec unit also had a similar fault..
She also said that when she has the analogue radio on in the house it glitches out infrequently may not be related.

Im now thinking it may be an issue with the 3 phase supply to the property or a loose connection...

Any ideas?

I was thinking of installing some sort of voltage optimiser to the property but as they are expensive want to be sure it will work.

Reply to Noise on circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock