Discuss NoSolar PV MCS certificate and original installers aren't allowed back on site in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Scuba

-
Reaction score
Solar PV Installation.

For reasons I can't go in to, the original installers aren't allowed back on site. The MCS Cerificate has not been issued.

Is there any provision for an MCS certificate to be issued by a third party, effectively taking over the job?

The MCS themselves are fully aware of the situation and have said they can issue a cert once the original company cease trading which may be a while but my customer is keen to get the FIT sorted sooner rather than later.

Speak to the original companies certifying body Certsure for NICEIC / Elecsa, Napit etc ans see what they suggest / will cover the other installer. As it's against the general rules.

Is the contract between two commercial entities (builder / developer) or is it an individual, so covered by the consumer protection regs also ?

Speak to the original companies certifying body Certsure for NICEIC / Elecsa, Napit etc ans see what they suggest / will cover the other installer. As it's against the general rules.
Spoke with them already and the wheels are turning very slowly!

Is the contract between two commercial entities (builder / developer) or is it an individual, so covered by the consumer protection regs also ?
It's an individual and will be covered by consumer legislation but the problem is time because of FiT degradation, soon there'll be none.

Well, you'd hope that common sense would prevail.

IF we were asked to put our name to it, after clearing it with the powers that be, we would then do a complete design process including structural analysis and wind loading, an inspection of the roof mountings, etc etc, i.e. as though it was a site used for an MCS assessment PLUS. Accordingly there would be a reasonable fee to pay for our services and no warranties given. So you'd be looking at a day rate for a professional engineer...

Get the status of the dispute formally documented, e.g small claims court proceedings started, a signed affidavit and a claim for the additional costs associated with remedial works and the second certification process.

That way only the pettiest of jobsworths would cause a problem in the future.

Reply to NoSolar PV MCS certificate and original installers aren't allowed back on site in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net