Discuss Not an MR16 in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Customer has a light blown in their bathroom, told me it wasn't an MR16 but looked like one. I had a quick look while looking at other bits and sure enough looks like an MR16 lamp base but the two pins are wider apart, tested at the base and was getting 230v. Does anyone know what lamp this is? I've had a google but not having any luck.

Don't quote me as I can not remember all the details, but think that the MR16 refers to lamp size and not the base or nominal voltage. Those that we commonly see have (I think) GU5.3 bases - 5.3mm between pin centres and are low voltage, but It's possible that the base of your lamp is 6.35mm between centres. They are also manufactured with different diameters of pin and different operating voltages, so it's very possibly an MR16, but not as commonly found in UK domestic lighting.

Reply to Not an MR16 in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Had a customer message me before I went to do a job asking if I could put a new bulb in a spotlight while I was there, so I picked up some LED...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I've had a few discussions recently that have made me realise that I know nothing about lighting. Does anyone have any recommended...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Why is this still a thing, just done a quick calculation with the TLC volt drop calculator and if its a non lighting circuit the recommended size...
Replies
Views
My 08 Renault Trafic has now done 212,000 miles. I'm the second owner, the first being the AA. It's never let me down in the 10 years I've had it...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back