Search the forum,

Discuss Not just a Noob - A Total noob in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Another fine police officer lost into the shadowy world of electrical trickery. Welcome to the institude of electrical confusion. :D

In answer to Milwall Ken.

The reason I left was due to the following :-

Constant shift changes and phone calls at home at 3AM telling me (Not asking me) that I had to attend a fatal accident because no other Family Liaison Officers on duty.

2 broken legs in the space of 5 years then no back up from my own employer.

Shift changes every week.

Certain higher rank officers abusing their position

A change in my family circumstances (ie my mrs becoming a detective in the child abuse unit)

So many more reasons but i'll leave it at that.

I have now trade behind me and I have stagnated so what is wrong with a man wanted to better himself in the brain department? Also I wasn't in the pension scheme sue to changes in the T&C's so there are no perks mate.

Hello & welcome,

I started my road to being an electrician 2 years ago at the age of 42, been reading, studying and having a surprise (baby) its not easy but very worth while. Good luck and stick to it.

Hi

I was 29 when i started just after i got a knock back from being a bus driver,
I joined an electrical firm as a labourer and started to do their PAT testing so went on a day course for my C&G 2377 Portable Appliance Testing,
6 months of that proved to my guvner that i was up for it so researched a college that would except me for my C&G 2360 as an adult trainee.

2 to 3 years of study started me as a spark then after a couple more years i did my 2391-10 inspection and testing which took me about a year to complete followed by my 17th edition.

A few years later and now im studying for my 2391-20 design which is proving very difficult, (late nights followed by tired morning)

Just shows a year or so as a labourer on the right firm with the determination to achieve gets you where you want.

37 now but very glad they didn’t except me as a bus driver.

Good luck it will be worth it.

Reply to Not just a Noob - A Total noob in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back