Discuss Oh noes! Garage broken into decided to have a moan. Could not post in off topic, second post that will not get published. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Vortigern

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Had my garage broken into a couple of nights ago. Took a lot of cable maybe £500 worth. Drum of SWA and offcuts, T&E reels and singles in all sizes and colours. Strange thing is nothing else taken! Tools were left and mower, jet wash and so on so I suppose that is good. Door wrecked with jemmy lock busted. Put a filip of wood when I cut out the damaged part out and secured it with 9 inch screws. Rehung the door to open inwards. Of course insurance does not cover it. So have to take it on the chin. Worst part is having your security violated. Got alarm and camera in there now. Left notice CCTV inside and all items of value removed, which they have been. Ok whining over.
Source URL: Garage broken into having a moan sorry! - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/garage-broken-into-having-a-moan-sorry.184492/

Had my garage broken into a couple of nights ago. Took a lot of cable maybe £500 worth. Drum of SWA and offcuts, T&E reels and singles in all sizes and colours. Strange thing is nothing else taken! Tools were left and mower, jet wash and so on so I suppose that is good. Door wrecked with jemmy lock busted. Put a filip of wood when I cut out the damaged part out and secured it with 9 inch screws. Rehung the door to open inwards. Of course insurance does not cover it. So have to take it on the chin. Worst part is having your security violated. Got alarm and camera in there now. Left notice CCTV inside and all items of value removed, which they have been. Ok whining over.
Source URL: Garage broken into having a moan sorry! - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/garage-broken-into-having-a-moan-sorry.184492/
Why did your insurance not cover it vortigern? Household contents includes sheds and garages I believe.

The fact they didn't take anything other than cable makes you think they were either hoping for maybe power tools such as your 18v kit tester etc... Or were opportunistic.
Either way I would suspect its somebody local and been watching the garage.
If people loose there jobs then a lot of stuff you expect to get stolen won't be it will be just cable and Metal they can scrap for cash and make quick money. If people are cutting back they are less likely to buy tools etc even if cheap.

Reply to Oh noes! Garage broken into decided to have a moan. Could not post in off topic, second post that will not get published. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net