Discuss Old CLICK Consumer unit. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Morning everyone, I have a customer with an old CLICK consumer unit, the MCBs are DB132, DB106, DB116 etc. Does anyone know if the new CLICK elucian range of RCBOs fit this board? I have a picture of the consumer unit (Looks like a bomb has went off) if needed. Appreciate any answers.

Kind regards.

To fit RCBOs you'd have to strip it down anyway as it's such a mess. The breakers are falling apart on the RCD side too.
If the intention is to replace all of the lighting circuit B6 breakers, then it would cost about £80 for the parts.
A brand new loaded dual RCD BG unit is £65. Now I wouldn't ideally fit that these days as it's Type AC RCDs.
But for £115 you could get an Mk Sentry Dual (type A) RCD with SPD (Screwfix special offer!).
Tell the customer that's less than £1 per year over the expected lifetime of the new board.

I wish I had never took the job on in the first place, the customer seems very awkward and considering hes a doctor lacks common sense. Ive only been self employed for two months after being on the books for fifteen years so ive been a bit scared to say no to some jobs. Learning curve and my fault really. Appreciate the advice given though everyone.

If not having any of it walk away.what a snakes nest, it's some thing what David attenbough would say.

Damn straight, that con unit surely predates 2007 brown/blue, so what is it, a rewire thats retained an old unit? or some new old stock from someones shed? <shudder>

I wish I had never took the job on in the first place, the customer seems very awkward and considering hes a doctor lacks common sense. Ive only been self employed for two months after being on the books for fifteen years so ive been a bit scared to say no to some jobs. Learning curve and my fault really. Appreciate the advice given though everyone.

Don't beat yourself up we've all been there, I've got one right now I should/could/wanted to have walked out on in December but it owed me 3 days and some materials so foolishly tried to rescue.

20 years plodding by myself you think I would have learnt by now eh.

Reply to Old CLICK Consumer unit. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock