Discuss Online Trades College FRAUD! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Maybe you Just annoyed about the payments? Not igood year to be in courses either
Certainly, I do actually want to achieve this qualification. The issue is that the course is completely misleading and does not lead to the employment that was promised. Hopefully it works out, thanks for your message.

Certainly, I do actually want to achieve this qualification. The issue is that the course is completely misleading and does not lead to the employment that was promised. Hopefully it works out, thanks for your message.

I can't see how they can promise you will definitely get a job as an electrician straight after you complete their course.

Isn't that what all these courses offer, at best in most cases it's self employment as a lightly qualified domestic installer

But to state it as a fact is giving people false hope. They should stress the fact experience will be needed. Obviously I know advertising is not always 100% truthful !

And to say he will be able to pay off his 8 grand course fees within 6 months of income after the course is very optimistic. Especially after he was shelled out on tools, an MFT and a van.

he said lightly. OK for light work but nothing heavy. ????

Been a few previous threads on this company. I suspect that their main focus is lining people up to get the credit agreements signed. The online theory will be an easy number to sort out in some format but I suspect that they will run into trouble trying to organise arrangements with colleges etc for the practical tuition hence punters being strung along. There have been other course providers mentioned with similar criticism. Wasn’t one of the tactics to offer some sort of impossible to pass initial health & safety exam that had to be completed prior to starting the course?

Aye doesnt sound good, but if you have the cash to teach yourself something new, and see the adverts, it sounds good.

A simple chat with a spark could of saved his cash

I signed up to this rubbish... now im at the pre workshop test which im sure im passing but keep being told im failing it which is making me question alot of it now.

As this is a credit agreement you will have Section 75 protection.

You should be following the route of service not being provided rather than affordability.

Specifically go down the route of promises made (such as support)

Also send in a SAR (subject access request) and ask for all info including call recordings- the guy may have promised things in the call you are not getting.

hi mate i am with NTC and am currently on my level 3 2365 , i have been in centre many times and have completed all the tmas, we have a group on facebook search ntc electrical students , keep going mate its good its not a scam i have all my level 2 certificates from city and guilds , once you get to a certain point within your tmas you will get access to city and guilds smart screen and get your c&g number and then start working toward your first practical weeks , join the group on facebook loads of lads on there who are all doing well and some are on there am2s , its not easy thou and loads of people in your situation

I signed up to this rubbish... now im at the pre workshop test which im sure im passing but keep being told im failing it which is making me question alot of it now.
PAT 09 ? haha nightmare that mate once you fail it 4 times you will get a paper version join the group on facebook loads fo us on there its not a scam mate its legit as ntc electrical students

May be my cynical mind but could it be that they’re signing people up faster than they have course places available? Coin the money in and regulate the lack of training centre places by fixing entrance exam criteria?

Good day to you all and thanks for taking the time to read this thread.

The reason for it’s creation lies in a dark place where I’ve slowly realised I may have been a victim to fraud. As an individual from the hospitality sector, a hard hitting impact from the pandemic lead me to take desperate measures and accept a finance agreement from a “home learning college” called - NTC / New Trades Career.

An online form was filled out initially and not heard back from for a couple of months. As the year of 2021 started I received a call and was given an online interview as well as videos explaining the 97% pass rate for the college.

A long list of City & Guilds qualifications were promised and a “interest free loan” of £7800.00 was offered after a “in-depth” review for which the sales man made the mistake of leaving his discussion with the finance company Carnegie Cosumer Finance on loudspeaker which I ignorantly ignored (there was no review of eligibility just a straight up acceptance of the finance).

I have ONLY been provided with course-books and nothing further, I was promised “around the clock support from dedicated tutors” in an attempt to contact them, my “dedicated” tutor wasn’t even there to answer the call and his plumbing counterpart simply outlined that I should circle the answers and hand in the results online.

The promised “virtual learning” is nowhere to be seen and I am now paying £180.00 per month with no choice but to continue suffering in silence.

I cannot believe I have been sold into a deal like this, even if no one can help me escape this financial prison of an agreement, if this forum can even stop another young lad or older gentlemen from being in my position at least some of you will be able to finesse these venomous fangs of manipulation.

I plead to anyone who can help me get out of this deal, as a family man I am struggling to stay afloat and now have another huge bill to deal with.

Thank you all for your time, J.
Its the same story form and same college. Can we discuss further please message me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Online Trades College FRAUD! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net