Discuss Outdoor extension cord for under house wiring? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GTPXAZ

DIY
Reaction score
I want to add a 30 amp RV outlet to one end of my house.
My Breaker panel is at the other end of my house (about 75 feet away)
10/3 wire has gotten ridiculously expensive (10/3 romex is over $4/ft).
Is there any reason I shouldn't use a 10 gauge 3 wire outdoor extension cord for the run under the house (crawl space)?
I can get the extension cord for just over $1/ft.

I want to add a 30 amp RV outlet to one end of my house.
My Breaker panel is at the other end of my house (about 75 feet away)
10/3 wire has gotten ridiculously expensive (10/3 romex is over $4/ft).
Is there any reason I shouldn't use a 10 gauge 3 wire outdoor extension cord for the run under the house (crawl space)?
I can get the extension cord for just over $1/ft.
Sure you can use the drop cord but it needs to be rated at 30 amps with ground and also be outdoor approved/wet locations. It also needs to be GFCI protected.

Reply to Outdoor extension cord for under house wiring? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm a hobbyist without formal training. I'm looking to power audio/video equipment over several hundred feet of extension cords. I have 2...
Replies
Views
I have a professionally installed Generator Interlock on my 200amp load center in my 1-family residence here in the US. I have 10 gauge wire from...
Replies
Views
I dropped my multi-tool onto a 10/3 wire yesterday when removing some rotted flooring in a mobile home. I could see a bit of copper so I don't...
Replies
Views
I have a small power washer with a two-wire cord and GFCI plug. My outdoor and garage receptacles are on a "house GFCI" circuit, wired in series...
Replies
Views
I have an existing but unused 50A disconnect on the side of the house. It had been connected to an AC unit that got replaced. It has just 3...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock