Discuss Outside light off an already used spur in 2.5t&e in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys
Wanting to put an 8 watt led light fitting outside ,
Only place I can get a supply from is kitchen ring main got a radial approx 4th long.
now issue is the radial is already feeding combination boiler and a single socket for washing machine. If I put additional spur in for outside light am I getting to close for maximum load as like I said already got 13 amp for washing machine and 3 amp for boiler so with outside light with 3 amp fuse in spur then load going to be 19ampeven those new lights won't be pulling 3 amp tia

Home improvements, eh? So, is this a job you've taken on without an electrician? It is so basic.

Sorry 4mtrs long radial off of a rfc supply to a kitchen with 32amp mcb,
The radial currently supplies single one gang socket outlet to washing and fused spur to combine boiler,
Assuming the radial will carry 20amp safely?

washing machine will be no more than 10A when heating. just add a FCU with 3Aor 5A fuse for your outside kight.

washing machine will be no more than 10A when heating. just add a FCU with 3Aor 5A fuse for your outside kight.

Was so much better when washing machine had a hot n cold fill..
With the option of economy wash to bypass the heating stage of the wash..
Apparently, it’s more economical to heat cold water than to use stored hot water

Hi barnaby I'm unsure but I will test the circuit and see how I get on with results, assuming ill need to do a zs and ir test and compare again on site guide
Thanks guys for your replies was more just wanting confirmation that would be okay loading it up a bit more, provided I'm under 20amps

Couldn't see why you were talking about rfc and radial when only one circuit involved. It's all on one spur from the ring, I take it.

Hi no its a 2.5 radial of a rfc either out of a socket outlet or joint box but I can't get to find it . so I've got a radial into a single socket outlet with washing machine into it then into a spur for boiler

As above, it sounds like it doesn't comply as it is, even before you start adding more things to it.

Hi no its a 2.5 radial of a rfc either out of a socket outlet or joint box but I can't get to find it . so I've got a radial into a single socket outlet with washing machine into it then into a spur for boiler
no such animal Gary its a spur off an RFC which in turn feeds another spur, A radial will be fed from its own OCPD
Yes I've looked at appendix 15 and as uve said doesn't comply so won't be doing that then thanks for all the advice guys appreciated! !!
uve??

Hi guys
Wanting to put an 8 watt led light fitting outside ,
Only place I can get a supply from is kitchen ring main got a radial approx 4th long.
now issue is the radial is already feeding combination boiler and a single socket for washing machine. If I put additional spur in for outside light am I getting to close for maximum load as like I said already got 13 amp for washing machine and 3 amp for boiler so with outside light with 3 amp fuse in spur then load going to be 19ampeven those new lights won't be pulling 3 amp tia
Just say no

Reply to Outside light off an already used spur in 2.5t&e in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net