Discuss outside light tripping in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I put my fingers into a shaved socket

wondered when the sexual connotations would start.

:rofl: That would have worked on me at about 4 o'clock this afternoon. I put my fingers into a shaved socket that I thought was off and I got the full 240V + 110V to earth! I've nicknamed it the cocktail shock. I'm the first part and the the second part was the live tails I shoved my fingers in. Left hand is still tingling even now lol.
come on Paul,its only 175 volts! everythings via transformer so its half of 240 =120+half of 110=55 so 175 thought you would remember that lol still I suppose you will in future.

I put my fingers into a shaved socket

wondered when the sexual connotations would start.

Spelling error due to getting myself a new phone and I don't know the predictive text yet. I'm not going to edit that post, it's funnier as it stands.

If I did shove my fingers into a shaved socket our lass would have my horse chest nuts in the garlic press one at a time! At least it would take away the tingling feeling that I still have in my left hand. Starting to get worried now.

:rofl: That would have worked on me at about 4 o'clock this afternoon. I put my fingers into a shaved socket that I thought was off and I got the full 240V + 110V to earth! I've nicknamed it the cocktail shock. I'm the first part and the the second part was the live tails I shoved my fingers in. Left hand is still tingling even now lol.
Predictive text aside, good job I wasn't there as I would have wet myself laughing...

It'll go off about lunchtime tomorrow.....ish 4pm must have been a bad time today i decided to see if the back of my hand could bear the heat from a 25w soldering iron about that time.
Spelling error due to getting myself a new phone and I don't know the predictive text yet. I'm not going to edit that post, it's funnier as it stands.

If I did shove my fingers into a shaved socket our lass would have my horse chest nuts in the garlic press one at a time! At least it would take away the tingling feeling that I still have in my left hand. Starting to get worried now.

come on Paul,its only 175 volts! everythings via transformer so its half of 240 =120+half of 110=55 so 175 thought you would remember that lol still I suppose you will in future.

You are correct in what you say sir but I had one finger on the 240 incomer , the other on the 110 out going and my thumb on the earth plate! Tell you what, the rcbo works but it took a lot longer than 200ms.

Don't worry tingling in the left arm is only a sign of a heart attack!

i didn't get that, just severe pain in the upper part of the chest. thought at first it was lack of beer, but it was blood starvation rather than alcohol. i had the alcohol in stock, but not blood. :drool5:

i didn't get that, just severe pain in the upper part of the chest. thought at first it was lack of beer, but it was blood starvation rather than alcohol. i had the alcohol in stock, but not blood. :drool5:
Not a proper heart attack then! I can understand the confusion blood/beer lack of either causes pain.:17:

You are correct in what you say sir but I had one finger on the 240 incomer , the other on the 110 out going and my thumb on the earth plate! Tell you what, the rcbo works but it took a lot longer than 200ms.
You do know that this is not how you test an RCBO, don't you?
But good positioning though it must have taken a lot of thought to get hit by everything at once, good dedication.:smile:

Not a proper heart attack then! I can understand the confusion blood/beer lack of either causes pain.:17:

You do know that this is not how you test an RCBO, don't you?
But good positioning though it must have taken a lot of thought to get hit by everything at once, good dedication.:smile:

it was a well proper heart attack. meat wagon to north staffs cardiac unit, on the table straightaway. tubes up femoral artery from groin and a couple of them springy thingies dropped into the blocked arteries. no beer or smokes for 4 days, wonder i made it through. LOL.

Mate of mine had throat cancer and had chemotherapy to kill it off, his neck look like a George Foreman grill had been at it. Anyway we were all a bit worried about how to handle his first day back but when he strolled in and asked 'who's off on the ****?' and sparked up a B&H we knew it was going to be all right!!!

He was a lucky bloke, when taking his HGV 2 test a bloke jumped in front of his wagon and committed suicide, he wanted to carry on and was most upset when the tester stopped his test... :lol:

Reply to outside light tripping in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock