Discuss Part F - PEATA certification? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Blimey what with Part P qualified Sparks, does this mean a new qualification Part F to contend with? yet more courses to take and exams to pass.

Blimey what with Part P qualified Sparks, does this mean a new qualification Part F to contend with? yet more courses to take and exams to pass.

That's my question really Pete. I missed the earlier thread pointed out by @SparkyChick and catching up with it.

At first I thought the email was suspect and maybe the company is but compliance with Part F is required and whatever test equipment is needed is another drain on the resources if used seldomly. The hire option from PEATA seems interesting... which means the equipment is expensive. Their website refers to many existing fans which fail the testing from new but then it would I suppose.

Yes it is a requirement, for all ventilation systems..
The company I used to work for was round the corner from Greenwood Airvac HQ.
When MVHR systems became more popular over here (in UK) they used to get complaints from contractors and builders/ homeowners who would complain the ventilation system wasn't up to scratch.
My old boss used to go out as a third party inspector (Through Greenwood) and give a report...

All were installed incorrectly !!
Duct work not insulated (causing condensation), flexy duct everywhere, ductwork not big enough, ductwork too long or too many bends etc.
He was very knowledgeable on ventilation systems in the end, I'm not that interested in them really.

In my opinion we have enough to worry about, when I replace or install standard fans, i just install continuous extract type that boost with humidity or when the light switches on. Reason being, is that when you follow the guides and you do the maths, intermittent extract fans are not exceptable in most houses in the UK, with all the double glazing we have.
There is not enough background ventilation.

I've uploaded some pages from the BPEC Domestic Ventilation Installer guide

Attachments

• Document 9.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Yes it is a requirement...
The company I used to work for was round the corner from Greenwood Airvac HQ.
When MVHR systems became more popular over here (in UK) they used to get complaints from contractors and builders/ homeowners who would complain the ventilation system wasn't up to scratch.
My old boss used to go out as a third party inspector (Through Greenwood) and give a report...

All were installed incorrectly !!
Problems only really become apparent in new well insulated houses.

I've uploaded some pages from the BPEC Domestic Ventilation Installer guide

This is good stuff! Thanks.

Reply to Part F - PEATA certification? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net