Discuss Pat testing software for Seaward old Supernova EX in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DaveyD

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all

Does anyone know of any software to download the results without all the bells and the annual cost of the PatGuard 3. We seldom do pat testing, but it would be good to drop into excel or something.
thanks in advance.
David.

I wrote some software a while ago to download the data from the Supernova. It's quite basic but it will do the job. You can grab a copy Here You will need the serial lead that comes with the Supernova (it's not a standard RS-232) and possibly a USB to serial interface lead.
[automerge]1571928832[/automerge]
If you need the wiring for the Supernova lead let me know and I'll see if I can find it for you.

Last edited:
Wiring is shown below ( I hope!!)
supernova_cable.png
[automerge]1572030993[/automerge]
There's a company selling the leads ready made for £9.99 on ebay. LINK

Amazing. Thanks. Will let you know how I get on.
Did you give it a try? I know it's a bit basic but I'm looking for suggestions for improvements. A graphic interface is planned.
If anyone else has tried it and have any suggestions I would welcome them :)

I know I've posted this in another thread but it fits here too.
Yet another update to the Seaward Supernova download program. I've added a new download format. You can now create a file with your company details at the top and a list of tested devices, their location, pass/fail etc. Download from the same link HERE

Another update to the FREE software and more info on how to change the clock backup battery can now be found (not secure)
The software will download in the Seaward PATS+, Summary, Certificate and SSS formats and also adds export to Excel, Basic report and Wide report.
The software can be downloaded (not secure)
Sample outputs :-
b-report.png w-report.png csv.png

Any comments or suggestions please let me know :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Another update to the FREE software and more info on how to change the clock backup battery can now be found
The software will download in the Seaward PATS+, Summary, Certificate and SSS formats and also adds export to Excel, Basic report and Wide report.
The software can be downloaded
Sample outputs :-
View attachment 53932 View attachment 53934 View attachment 53935

Any comments or suggestions please let me know :)
This site isn't secure. I've removed the links until you get SSL.

Ah, forgotten to set it up on that domain. I'll sort it out later tonight. Until I do I've uploaded the pages/file HERE

Reply to Pat testing software for Seaward old Supernova EX in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net