Discuss Plastering, bonding, painting. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have just started working with an electrician who is adamant that the chasing during a rewire is plastered and painted over by the electrician himself.

I'm sure I have heard electricians instructing the client to get a plasterer and painter to finish up.

How do you guys do it?

Do you fill in the chases and paint yourselves or get someone in to finish instead?

ZippyMo

Trainee Spark.

I'll hardwall the chases if the're paying me to, but they'll still need to top coat and finish it themselves, or get a plasterer in.

Generally Never fill the chases on a rewire unless it’s a very small job then I might whack a bit of filler in for the homeowner

got a Polish plasterer i know who will pop along after and re-plaster chases for £60 a day

If agreed I will fill chases but not to a finished standard, this is for the customer to sort out. I just work it into my quote.

So true i find the best way is to ask customer if they expect you too make good and too what level, if they just want you to fill ruff then price accordingly or if they want it to look flawless then it should be priced as so including plasters day rate and materials.

I’ve done it on Rewires in the past but I can also plaster and have all the kit from doing all my own bits at home...in a customers house now, if they want me to make good, I get my decorator mate to give me a price, I whack £40 a day on his day rate and get him to do it ?

Hi folks,

I have just started working with an electrician who is adamant that the chasing during a rewire is plastered and painted over by the electrician himself.

I'm sure I have heard electricians instructing the client to get a plasterer and painter to finish up.

How do you guys do it?

Do you fill in the chases and paint yourselves or get someone in to finish instead?

ZippyMo

Trainee Spark.
I’m an electrician, I do electric. Plasterers do plastering & painters do drugs.
I simply put in my quotations ,”no allowance has been made for making good/redecorating” .If required contact details for recommended trades can be provided.

Reply to Plastering, bonding, painting. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net