CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Plastering, bonding, painting. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi folks,

I have just started working with an electrician who is adamant that the chasing during a rewire is plastered and painted over by the electrician himself.

I'm sure I have heard electricians instructing the client to get a plasterer and painter to finish up.

How do you guys do it?

Do you fill in the chases and paint yourselves or get someone in to finish instead?

ZippyMo

Trainee Spark.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

JBW175

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'll hardwall the chases if the're paying me to, but they'll still need to top coat and finish it themselves, or get a plasterer in.

Reaction score
What about lifting laminate flooring? Easy enough to remove but I have no clue how to put it back again.

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Generally Never fill the chases on a rewire unless it’s a very small job then I might whack a bit of filler in for the homeowner

got a Polish plasterer i know who will pop along after and re-plaster chases for £60 a day

Reactions: DPG

Strima

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If agreed I will fill chases but not to a finished standard, this is for the customer to sort out. I just work it into my quote.

Reply to Plastering, bonding, painting. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.