Discuss Possible?: Find a compatible rotor for Fein Asb 658-1 impact wrench? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello.

Is it possible to find a compatible rotor for an electric motor based on the dimensions of the original rotor?
The manufacturer Fein says that the motor of the impact wrench Asb 658-1 is an in-house development.
Fein ASB-658-1 - Rotor data.jpg

Is it easy to test the rotor for defects?
For now, I have measured 8 contacts of the commutator next to each other that have contact.
In addition to these 8 contacts, there is contact between around 3/4 of all contacts.
Are other parts likely to be defective?
How likely is a defect in the stator compared to the rotor?

Maybe there is a rotor somewhere whose dimensions and data are compatible, right?
It would be very helpful if there was a database where you could enter such data.
As with ball bearings and spark plugs.

The power is reduced and it has carbon sparks:

Thanks.

Last edited:
Totally off topic, but the OP's pic reminded me of the machines at the factory where my son works that makes rotors similar to this.
The windings aren't wound on, as you might expect, but are held on a frame like a complex copper cat's cradle that drops down onto and around the rotor, completing the entire winding in a fraction of a second. Difficult to explain, but fascinating to watch.

@ nicebutdim.

This is a 230V version.
Fein in Germany told me that the part is no longer offered, but still linked this exploded view for my information.
The price is £312.31.
For a device that costs ~£90 to £130 (€100-€150) used.
These are prices that are far from economical.
Dealers, if they still have spares, should sell them much cheaper.
E.G. £50.
That's why I'm also looking for a rotor that would "roughly" fit, provided the electrical system is OK.
So it doesn't burn out or have less power etc....

After all, they are not miracle devices with no alternative.
But I have a potential buyer via the classifieds who would pay €150. He currently changes car tires commercially.
I paid a little over €100 on Ebay years ago.
So a few euros for a spare part would also be worthwhile for me.
But even if I only got €50, €40, €30, that would be more than nothing.

I hadn't looked at the price, nor given it any consideration. You initially asked if it was possible to find an armature and that was the first parts link returned by google.

I expect other stockists will be similarly priced and it's the sort of item I'd bide my time waiting for from ebay - that or sell the tool for parts or repair and buy a replacement.

Reply to Possible?: Find a compatible rotor for Fein Asb 658-1 impact wrench? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock