Discuss power supply to summer house in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I

iceman

hi chaps a guy just asked me to quote for power supply to summer house in is garden 6mm swa 2x ip rated boxs switched fuse spur 2twin sockets 1 light fitting 1.5mm twin and earth 2.5mm twin an earth the parts came in at 109quid the most expensive part was the external swtich fuse spur i was goin to use to replace his external socket outlet below is kitchin window, i quoted him 2days labour at 300quid and 109quid plus 20% total worked out at 435quid would you say this is rite or to expensive bairin in mind iv gotta dig the channel out for the swa witch goes 16metres, wots ya thoughts? cheers

id dig it out meself iv done it a few times now i dont think i'll get the job tho m8 i even brought me price down to get in there cos works extremly slow at the minute but there is a limit on how low ya go, the guys gettin another quote 2moz no dout he'll get so numpty tht aint got a clue and get it bodged for a ton lol

i was wiring up a combi boiler next door and he saw me sign written van on the drive and asked for the quote wish i never bothered now lol

Hi Iceman
Sounds ok to me ! i swear sometimes people only want a quote so they know what to use etc ! nomatter how hard you try and give a good price some people expect a quote the same as some diy guy down the pub. The way i look at it is they either want it done right and know they are safe or just swith on and hey presto it works reguardless of whats possibly going to happen, mabe some time were see it in the show us your installs !
Regards
Kung.

thts wot i thought jason its all about the rite approch i guess, if someone goes in and gives a daft quote nothin will beat tht at the end of the day

Reply to power supply to summer house in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock