Discuss Preferred GU10 fitting? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ideally but not a must. Void being filled with rockwool and therefore if open can it would require an extra step to prevent heat build up.
just leave a bit of space clear over and around the can. heat is low with LEDs but significant.

Ref: the different size of downlights etc .It is bloody stupid !I I cannot really see why there needs to be so many . Also why do customers seem to like such high Kelvin types that resemble sun beds? !

Ref: the different size of downlights etc .It is bloody stupid !I I cannot really see why there needs to be so many . Also why do customers seem to like such high Kelvin types that resemble sun beds? !
It's beyond me. Nothing looks more welcoming in a home than a well designed lighting setup... In warm white. 20 downlights in a room at 3000k+ is beyond me

It's beyond me. Nothing looks more welcoming in a home than a well designed lighting setup... In warm white. 20 downlights in a room at 3000k+ is beyond me
all depends on the size of the room.went to price a job to fit once, 320 in the property. 6" kingspan that had to be cut out on top of ceiling. UFH pipes on top of the kinspan. cables already in with ragged holes in the ceiling. i quoted £7000. wonder why he didn't ring back.

all depends on the size of the room.went to price a job to fit once, 320 in the property. 6" kingspan that had to be cut out on top of ceiling. UFH pipes on top of the kinspan. cables already in with ragged holes in the ceiling. i quoted £7000. wonder why he didn't ring back.
Ha priced to miss! Finally got all the lathe/plaster down in the first room and as per the theme with this place, it's covered with obselete wiring but think I've got most of it figured out now. With ceiling down will be considerably easier to run additional lights/sockets although main driver was for easier plumbing routes (switching from old school one way system to flow/return)
20210706_155426.jpg

I still prefer cans and fit your own gu10's....maintenance. Integrated ones can look neat or more stylish but I have replaced many. The newer replacements incl JCC can be brighter and colour rendering different. Why is there no standard for D/L sizes ? We could just carry less holesaws and refits easier.
GU10s for me unless very shallow joists. However I have advised some customers if they fit say 10 units have 4x spares. Manufacturers change bezels as fast as car manufacturers change a trim.
Very much this! There was a time when Screwfix LAP brand downlights were a 72mm cutout, but they didn't sell a 72mm holesaw.... Though the lack of earth terminal on them was very much more of an issue even if the lights themselves weren't bad...

Reply to Preferred GU10 fitting? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net