Discuss Price to high/to cheap in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

you can replace the cable on a minor works.;)
the fact that nearly all of the circuit, no, sorry all of the circuit is being replaced is the reason i would eic it :p

Lets take another example if i rewire someones house lights using the existing light fitings and switches therefor only replacing the cable can i put that on a minor works too

Lets take another example if i rewire someones house lights using the existing light fitings and switches therefor only replacing the cable can i put that on a minor works too
no but if you read part p all will become clear. or page 18 electricians guide to the building regulations, but surely i shouldnt be telling you this as your a spark working to part p :confused::confused::eek:

if your having trouble finding details hughesy let me know and i will post them for you ;)

i take it you are not a spark :confused: as thats a really daft question if you are :rolleyes:

Last edited:

no but if you read part p all will become clear. or page 18 electricians guide to the building regulations, but surely i shouldnt be telling you this as your a spark working to part p :confused::confused::eek:

if your having trouble finding details hughesy let me know and i will post them for you ;)

i take it you are not a spark :confused: as thats a really daft question if you are :rolleyes:

Flukey, Hughesy was being ironic and is in fact agreeing with you.
Of course he wasn't serious in what he said, he was making a very good point in response to some of the reasons put forward on this thread for issuing a mwc and not a eic.

Last edited:
Flukey, Hughesy was being ironic and is in fact agreeing with you.
Of course he wasn't serious in what he said, he was making a very good point in response to some of the reasons put forward on this thread for issuing a mwc and not a eic.
sorry andy must have missed that. sensible answers to sensible questions is the way i play it ;)
looking at his previous posts he appears to be being awkward in his answers :confused:

alright mate i fully agreed with all your post in this thread regarding using 6mm etc you was spot on with all you said , but your last post about me is (NO SWEARING), when i first read this thread he was only putting a 6mm from cu to the new rcd and installing a shower switch so when i then read he was replacing the whole cable i said if you are replacing the cable its definatley an eic but this was on top of allready knowing he was replacing the switch and adding an rcd so maybe i should of put (if you are replacing the cable ASWELL its definatley an eic), and on my last post there should of been a smiley face at the end but clicked the one at the bottom of the screen and it didnt come up so sorry mate wasnt trying to be awkward . would you mind taking a look at my thread ( bonding in a horse arena) not had much feedback and could do with some advice.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Price to high/to cheap in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock