Discuss Problem with 3 outlets immediately after solar installation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I recently had a solar installation at my home. Immediately afterward, a GFCI outlet in my garage stopped working, had no power, and could not be reset. At the same time, my two outdoor outlets stopped working. I first checked the new breaker box the solar installers put. However, no breaker was tripped and this was confirmed by turning off and on each breaker to see if the GFCI would get re-powered. At this point, I contacted the solar installers. They brought in some maintenance people who tried replacing the GFCI outlet, testing the breakers again, checking the new breaker box wiring, and resetting other GFCI outlets around my home. They could not find the problem. Additionally, they stated they could also find no fault from the installers and told us we would have to hire our own electrician. They told me if the electrician finds fault with solar installers then they will consider reimbursement after looking at the electrician's review. Now I feel I have two options.

Option 1: Try to fix it on my own and if so, does anyone here have some advice on how to fix the problem?

Option 2: Hire the electrician on my own and if so, any advice on hiring an electrician and how to explain my situation to them?

Also, is this fair on the part of the solar installers to identify the problem, not fix it, and determine they are not at fault?

I recently had a solar installation at my home. Immediately afterward, a GFCI outlet in my garage stopped working, had no power, and could not be reset. At the same time, my two outdoor outlets stopped working. I first checked the new breaker box the solar installers put. However, no breaker was tripped and this was confirmed by turning off and on each breaker to see if the GFCI would get re-powered. At this point, I contacted the solar installers. They brought in some maintenance people who tried replacing the GFCI outlet, testing the breakers again, checking the new breaker box wiring, and resetting other GFCI outlets around my home. They could not find the problem. Additionally, they stated they could also find no fault from the installers and told us we would have to hire our own electrician. They told me if the electrician finds fault with solar installers then they will consider reimbursement after looking at the electrician's review. Now I feel I have two options.

Option 1: Try to fix it on my own and if so, does anyone here have some advice on how to fix the problem?

Option 2: Hire the electrician on my own and if so, any advice on hiring an electrician and how to explain my situation to them?

Also, is this fair on the part of the solar installers to identify the problem, not fix it, and determine they are not at fault?

I am going through the same issue with Empower solar. I am planning on reporting them to the licensing board. Also, I’m going to probably take legal action and hire a lawyer to look over the contract and sue the company because they installed the solar panels. Everything worked fine until they installed the solar panels. this issue should’ve been addressed when they installed everything.

Reply to Problem with 3 outlets immediately after solar installation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock