Discuss Promotional Booklet in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

petegibbons

I am looking to design some sort of booklet promoting my company. I am a small business with about 15 electricians on my books, has anyone done anything like this before or got any advice on what I should put in it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I made the mistake, I believe, of having a lot of promotional material made for my company. Some so-called "marketing companies" are really good at making promotional material. Some of mine is rather dazzling. Now what?

I've got many thousands of dollars worth of promotional material in my hands, but what the heck am I supposed to do with it? Hand it out on street corners? Pin it up at the local grocery store? I really don't have the time or the intellectual energy to spare to figure out what to do with it all. The marketing company I hired in the first place to make the stuff wants even more money to advise me what to do with it now.

Short story, don't spend one single Shekel on promotional material until you have a clear plan on what you're going to do with it, and how you're going to use it. Otherwise, it'll all be sitting in boxes in a storeroom like mine.

Hi Pete.

What are you trying to achieve with your booklet?

Don't get me wrong, a booklety can be a good idea, but it needs to part of an integrated marketing approach.

A first is a web site - you can put your booklet there in PDF form - you are not paying for printing etc.

I can wax ltyrical about marketing, business development, lead generation etc...just drop me a line [email protected]

I have oddles worth of stuff - that's my real job - even though I'm a time served industrial electrician - I moved into designing and selling computer systems - but I've had enough of that and going back to the tools - might live a little longer.

Yours Tom weston

Producing a booklet is a great way of always having something to hand explaining your services and helps you look a serious player.

However, if it's going to be the first thing your clients see of you it will do more harm than good if it looks cheap and home made!

Unless you've got a lot of time to invest in learning Photoshop and InDesign, get some quotes from local graphic designers.

My companies got several graphic designers all with experience in the building trade, have a look: Providers of Graphic Design to the construction industry - CMG

Good luck getting it sorted.

Reply to Promotional Booklet in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net