Discuss Pv Battery Storage Retro Fit in the Green Energy Forums | Green Energy Hub area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Just to add without trying to change the subject I guess from this setup the overall net generation reading will be lower. Since they claim it takes about 5kwh to put the 4kwh back into the battery. Then further losses when converting to it back.

I'd also guess systems which take the power after the meter will then have an additional inverter connected directly to grid, since you couldn't output through the original inverter again.

almost certain to have been a 3600TL which is dual tracking, SMA never made a 3680W single tracker to my knowledge.

Hi Gavin
thanks for the information was not sure if it was dual or single as I say I will be having closer look when going in over next weekend & get some pictures up next weekend.
one thing I will say that did sort of throw something in the mix was that with the main AC isolator off for the solar PV & their little consumer unit switched off. I had RED detected & this was all the way through the job.

Hi Gavin
thanks for the information was not sure if it was dual or single as I say I will be having closer look when going in over next weekend & get some pictures up next weekend.
one thing I will say that did sort of throw something in the mix was that with the main AC isolator off for the solar PV & their little consumer unit switched off. I had RED detected & this was all the way through the job.

My meter is displaying RED as it cycles through the different readings, and its dark. I don't think it clears once logged.

Last edited:
RED = Reverse Energy Detected, i.e power is flowing the opposite direction from 'normal'

On a consumption meter (the main one) that means that you are exporting
On a generation meter it would mean that the power is flowing into the inverter.

It's an aniti-fraud measure.

Unless the meter is specifically configured to measure the reverse flow (export) then it will not record it for display purposes. and the RED 'reading' will be blank.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Had salesman round the other day trying to sell me an ipower storage inverter. Anyone heard of this before. 48v start up View attachment iPower Storage Inverter Brochure.pdf

Very wary on the storage side of things just now like everyone. Just wondered if anyone could explain the wiring of it to me. I see it as being connected via the main tails straight into the ipower unit, i have no space at my mains so that would be 10mm cable through my house. or have i looked at this wrongly?

pHi All
have now been back to customers house, further investigation without touching the system has revealed.

BMS Comms Fault on SP2000 unit. (left as is due to the complaint being lodged)

no paperwork of any sort apart from the invoice / contract & a lovely brochure showing PV installtion process but no mention of battery systems.
so no user information
no user warranty information
no instruction manual that came with system i would think
basically nothing

terms & conditions on the back

no more than 25% taken as deposit but had to pay in full on day customer has cheuqe stub & signed invoice / contract

what is quite noticeable is that on the invoice / contract it says SOLAX not sp2000

customer also informed that the company had setup the monitoring side & would monitor from their end should there be any problems.

I managed to set them up on the Growatt site as a new user on the system but there is no storage information for the system no records just flat line no charge discharge of the system. I will speak with Growatt on Monday see if they have any records of the system & if so could they email any data to the end user.

also mentions on the invoice just above customer signature box
binding contract. sign only if you wish to be legally bound by them.
it also just above that mentions about the deposit & rest to be paid in full upon completion to their senior installer on the site.
also that I wavier my 14 day cooling of period.

bit more about system was 10 & 6 split on system.

4000TL-20 installed early 2011, VDC max 550V, 125-400 VDC MPP, 2 X 15A

Pv Battery Storage Retro Fit IMG_0104 - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Had salesman round the other day trying to sell me an ipower storage inverter. Anyone heard of this before. 48v start up View attachment 31680

Very wary on the storage side of things just now like everyone. Just wondered if anyone could explain the wiring of it to me. I see it as being connected via the main tails straight into the ipower unit, i have no space at my mains so that would be 10mm cable through my house. or have i looked at this wrongly?

Hi solarhappy
for me on my system I am happy, Friday had 100% in battery & used it all that evening / night.
very good generation for the day & it was not that great that day weather wise.

bet your right but at present I did not install system & am just trying to help owner sort through it. they were advised 4 letters from citizens advice bureau of which they have had nothing back from company.

Last edited:
have been reliably informed that the inverter is a dual tracker so the SP2000 should be fine on the system, I will have to have a look on what string it is on as east west split with 10 & 6 split.
but looks likely BMS fault on the system.
trying to get hold of Growatt Technical see if the system has actually generated anything in it's lifetime since battery installation

Reply to Pv Battery Storage Retro Fit in the Green Energy Forums | Green Energy Hub area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock