Discuss PVC mini trunking cutters, your thoughts, are they any good@ in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi All

Saw some of these cutters advertised on the TLC site. Anybody tried them?

Thanks in advance

Is there meant to be a link or pic with this mate?

https://www.screwflix..com/p/c-k-t2240-multi-cutter-anvils-8-6-pcs/9783x

If you can pick them up cheap they are very good at the job they do.

Dont care how much you say hacksaw for yt2 you will never cut as neat that these do.

So if your installing alot of yt2 then I would buy these.

Might just be me but they seem a bit pricey.....I'm sure they'd be handy because they can cut a 45 degree mitre but the jaw only opens to 35 mm so only good for mini trunking.

Hi All

Thanks in advance
I used to be a glazer many moons ago, but as I'm a spark now I use a tool from then an it's by far the best for trunking, it has angles marked out and can create notches etc. They are miter snips, but if you get a set don't go cheap and steer well clear of the stanley blade kind, Lowe miter snips are the only ones worth getting and are approx 20 great British pesos.
Hi All

Thanks in advance

I used to be a glazer many moons ago, but as I'm a spark now I use a tool from then an it's by far the best for trunking, it has angles marked out and can create notches etc. They are miter snips, but if you get a set don't go cheap and steer well clear of the stanley blade kind, Lowe miter snips are the only ones worth getting and are approx 20 great British pesos. Link to these provided but if you check a local window supplier or plastics supplier you will get them cheaper.
I hope this helps, but once you get a set you'll use them for far more, blades can be removed and sharpened or replaced. I used these everyday for atleast 5 years, sharpened twice and still going.

I used to be a glazer many moons ago, but as I'm a spark now I use a tool from then an it's by far the best for trunking, it has angles marked out and can create notches etc. They are miter snips, but if you get a set don't go cheap and steer well clear of the stanley blade kind, Lowe miter snips are the only ones worth getting and are approx 20 great British pesos.

I used to be a glazer many moons ago, but as I'm a spark now I use a tool from then an it's by far the best for trunking, it has angles marked out and can create notches etc. They are miter snips, but if you get a set don't go cheap and steer well clear of the stanley blade kind, Lowe miter snips are the only ones worth getting and are approx 20 great British pesos. Link to these provided but if you check a local window supplier or plastics supplier you will get them cheaper.
I hope this helps, but once you get a set you'll use them for far more, blades can be removed and sharpened or replaced. I used these everyday for atleast 5 years, sharpened twice and still going.

Strangely enough I done glazing many moons ago as well and have a pair of these, But must admit never used them on mini trunking as always relied on the trusty old hacksaw

I've been using the red CK ratcheting cutters for a little while now with no problems. Yes obviously you can use a hacksaw for a very similar result, however when doing a lot of trunking work the cutters save time and a lot of mess!

Sorry @Petej999 but when doing loads of it they are faster, don't get me wrong I will go for a square, hacksaw and file if I want a perfect fit or its not a straight forward corner, but with prefabricated corners and joints now the shears do the job perfectly. I have some similar to the ones @Rhino-Spark listed, as long as they are sharp they do a lovely job!

Cowboy tools mate, no wonder the trade is or has gone to the dogs, junior hacksaw and files are the way to go. mind you I h ave seen some Butchers use side cutters to cut mini trunking.

Move with the times

Reply to PVC mini trunking cutters, your thoughts, are they any good@ in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock