Discuss QUALIFIED SPARK ON £10:50ph In WEST WALES!!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi all new to this site but in the subject of hourly rate..I get about £12.00 per hour out i which I pay for my van and fuel and other costs.....last year i took home about £7500.00 so 12.50 didn't seem too bad

Hi all new to this site but in the subject of hourly rate..I get about £12.00 per hour out i which I pay for my van and fuel and other costs.....last year i took home about £7500.00 so 12.50 didn't seem too bad
What are you'r other costs cause £12 an hour for 37.5 hours a week is just shy of £23.5k a year.

Mate that’s less than £150 a week take home. How the hell do you manage on that?

Is it me or are these figures ridiculously small!

Are people posting figures after ....

1, taking a holiday
2, buying a new car
3, doing an extension on the house
4, buying a new pet for the kids

Is £11,800 what’s left over, Where’s the rest of the money ?

As a matter of interest i have just added up my income and outgoings for he year 2017/2018...my income for the year amounts to £11800....I think this is in keeping with others in the area
So a bag of sand a month (£1000) ffs how can you live of that per month.....

Hi in answer to your question that is my income after paying for all my outgoings..eg.van,accountant,wholesalers b , fuel..and all the other bits that we are obliged to cough up for...it's what I live on

Would love to hear how others manage to make more money....what sort of work are you engaged in?
Was a spark many years ago, moved in to data cabling many many years ago setting up dealing rooms in the City then in to IT, was an IT contractor until I had enough after a ---- contract which made me think about other options, anything from £175 to £300 per day 9 to 5 0r 9 to 6 Ltd co not many overheads and I stuck to the hours.

Would love to hear how others manage to make more money....what sort of work are you engaged in?

Myself I do a mixture of work, a lot of jobbing like yourself mixed with everything else eventually the small jobs lead to the big jobs.

Still very interested in what area you live in Brian.

On a side note I was talking to a sparks on holiday from Scotland saying he was getting £100 a day. His standards or living seemed better then mine down in London.

Myself I do a mixture of work, a lot of jobbing like yourself mixed with everything else eventually the small jobs lead to the big jobs.

Still very interested in what area you live in Brian.

On a side note I was talking to a sparks on holiday from Scotland saying he was getting £100 a day. His standards or living seemed better then mine down in London.
You are making assumptions maybe he lives in a council house part funded by not living there but his "cough" ex wife and kids do.

Reply to QUALIFIED SPARK ON £10:50ph In WEST WALES!!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net