Discuss Quick Volt drop Q re Table 4ab P 383 Regs Book plz in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

John-

-
Reaction score
Hi

I am being thick i am sure. I am doing some pre work on an EV charging course i am doing in November. I got to a part mentioning volt drop and ref in the regs book. Not looked at this for a while, so i thought i better check it out. Table states figures for Public Supply and figures Private supply. What do they mean by Private and public please and why should there be a difference? Also i see that in the note section the longer the run, the more lenient it gets by adding on an additional .005% up to a max of .5% - i think. Why is that?

IBTWi get the part about being suitable for the equipment supplied, Motors, sanative kit and that this is not a reg just informative i think.

:)

Thanks

Johnm

The clue is to be found at the bottom of page 381

My understanding is that a 'private' supply is effectively anything downstream of an isolation transformer or generating plant (ie, say you had an AC motor used to rotate a dynamo for DC output). Happy to be educated though.

Reply to Quick Volt drop Q re Table 4ab P 383 Regs Book plz in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, go easy on me please, I've just returned to the trade, well I am about to, I received my Gold Card last Thursday. I've been gen'ing up for a...
Replies
Views
I am trying to understand 3 phase volt drop. I understand single phase VD. Lets say we have a 70 meter run of 35mm, 5 core cable from the supply...
Replies
Views
Just taken deilvery of an Electric Car (Mini Electric) and so doing some research into installing a charge point. Supply is a standard Single...
Replies
Views
Hi First time with this kind of a job for me. I have a scenario where i am planning to install about 50m 25mm TPN from a TNCS supply to supply a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am currently doing my 2391-52 and have been given a mock paper, one of the questions is around vold drop as per below, can someone...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock