Discuss Quickwire T-Connector Plug & Socket in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I've just seen the launch announcement about the new Quickwire T-Connector Plug & Socket in Professional Electrician & Installer Magazine. See here:

I'm a bit disappointed that they have chosen to release this product ahead of a 32A version of their Splitter junction box, but I'm glad that they are continuing to develop new products.

I've just seen the launch announcement about the new Quickwire T-Connector Plug & Socket in Professional Electrician & Installer Magazine. See here:

I'm a bit disappointed that they have chosen to release this product ahead of a 32A version of their Splitter junction box, but I'm glad that they are continuing to develop new products.

Looks interesting - Have you had positive experience of their other ones?

My current go to for downlights is the wago 224-112 with a wagobox lite, and a short length of flex to the actual lamp. Handy when I'm working around bathroom fitters who want to drop the lights to paint the ceiling.

This could be a good replacement if it is easy to fit - though cost may be an issue I guess. In my experience flex can be a bugger to get a proper fit in 'quick fit connectors', especially if there isn't much length before the cable grip

Might have been useful ten years ago but most decent downlights come prepared with connectors for two twin and earth cables these days.

Might have been useful ten years ago but most decent downlights come prepared with connectors for two twin and earth cables these days.
still useful when you need to couple 2 downlights into a point on the T/E. bear in mind.they don'thave provision for flex. only T/E.

Seen the quickwire at the shows and think the price kills it and leaves it dead in the water compared to some of the more flexible alternatives out there

I'm glad that they are continuing to develop new products.

Definitely all in favour of innovation. I caught onto Wago fairly early and that made things so much easier.

Seems like our industry is ripe for innovation to improve safety and make installation easier (not always easy to do both those things at once I know).

I definitely wish cheap crappy screw terminals would die a death :mad:

Definitely all in favour of innovation. I caught onto Wago fairly early and that made things so much easier.

Seems like our industry is ripe for innovation to improve safety and make installation easier (not always easy to do both those things at once I know).

I definitely wish cheap crappy screw terminals would die a death :mad:
Trouble is there is a lot of good products invented, like the LINE junction box, but these are one off products and if a big player doesn't take them on they just fade away...much like the LINE junction box did.

The plug side has a screw terminal connector for the flex.
my mistake. was thinking of the lighting junction ( L&N in, L&N out, switch wire and load ) not the T connector.

Reply to Quickwire T-Connector Plug & Socket in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net