Discuss relay advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
I m dealing with a heating system with 2 separate heat sources, a gas boiler and a wood burning stove. Both heat water and radiators but need to be able to work together or independently. The system has a motorised valve on heating and another for water. Firstly I need to be able to operate the motorised valve from a signal from a pipe stat but when the gas boiler programmer comes on I need the room stat to take over control from the pipe stat.
Secondly when the pipe stat is controlling the valve I need to ensure that the switch live from the valve is off to prevent gas boiler operating when not required, but that this switch live operates when the room stat is in control of the motorised valve.
The above needs to be replicated for the valve on the water heating system.

I m looking to achieve this with 2 relay switches for each valve, one to alternate between the control source ie pipe stat or room stat and the other to be in a normally open position on the switched live but move to closed when the room stat is in control.
I ve spoken extensively to the system suppliers who provided a wiring diagram which was incorrect, currently they are "having a think about it" but are not aware of any solutions at this time hence I came up with the above configuration.
Any guidance available as to what relays would be appropriate for the job ? my normal supplier suggested I look at idec smart relay but I have no experience of these and suspect they re not too cheap.
Thanks

Reply to relay advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a fully pumped Y plan heating system using a Potterton EP2 programmer. Drayton MA1 Diverter valve. I have just replaced the Actuator head...
Replies
Views
I went to look at mess this morning. S plan heating system, google nest heat link in airing cupboard. Downstairs in utility room the kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've noticed that my UFH pump is not always turning on as soon as the stat & valve calls for heat. This results in hot water passing...
Replies
Views
1 - Major supply fault, details unknown. By time I get there DNO already put in genny and are digging up road. 2 - Reason for call, heating not...
Replies
Views
Evening all, Have been asked to wire one of these into a heating system that has no separate control (or valves) for HW & CH. Customer is going...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock