• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Replace a 25" electric baseboard heater with in floor heat in the Canadian Electricians Only area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jeremy123

DIY
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello

I am starting to plan a bathroom renovation and would like to remove an old baseboard heater and replace it with infloor heat. The circuit looks to be a double breaker 20amp each that runs to a baseboard in the powder room onto the laundry room then into the bathroom i want to replace then on to 3 more bedrooms. Each room has the same 24" baseboard. It is a 12gauge wire that comes into the existing thermostat and appears to have a 14/2 going to the existing baseboard and a 14/2 that continues into the 3 bedrooms. Should it be okay to replace this one baseboard with ifloor heat, and should i plan to use a 120volt wire for infloor or 240volt?

Thanks for any input on this. i have done a fair bit of small new circuits in the past for lights and plug ins, always with the correct permits and inspections. But i have never done anything with regards to baseboard heat other then replace old thermostats with new ones.

thank you
jeremy

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Aico 3000

Reply to Replace a 25" electric baseboard heater with in floor heat in the Canadian Electricians Only area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom