Discuss Replacing Old (30 yr) Aritech shock sensor. in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi

I have a scantronic 9800 control panel with Aritech sensors.
One of the window shock sensors has a continual red led lit.
The system is around 30 yrs old.
I need to replace the Aritech sensor.
There is no model or id on the sensor but I have posted a couple of photos.
Can I replace it with any shock sensor which accomodates the three pairs of wires...ie 12 supply, anti tamper and alarm pairs.
On the photo you will see four sets of jumper pins probably for sensitivity, pulse, latch etc?
There is a jumper across the third pair as in the photo .....what is this jumper for??
I cannot find any documentation on this sensor or indeed the sensor type / model.
Can anyone help please?
What type make model is it??????
Can I fit any sensor which accoms these 3 prs of wires
Also, the system has not been on contract for many years and the default engineers code does not work.
I obviously have the user code which DOES silence the alarm when i trigger the anti tamper.
Will this code also silence the alarm / reset it when I change the sensor for a new one?
I dont want the alarm going off continually and no way of resetting it.
I understand it depends on the way the scantronic has been programmed as to whether engineer or user reset but as user code resets the tamper....is it ok to assume it will also reset the alarm pair?
Thank You

Attachments

• Replacing Old (30 yr) Aritech shock sensor. alarm1 - EletriciansForums.net
    alarm1.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Replacing Old (30 yr) Aritech shock sensor. alarm2 - EletriciansForums.net
    alarm2.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 10
any standard shock sensor should be OK. user code will silence alarm after tamper activated. someone may know how to reset engineer code.

i know how to completely reset the panel / engineer code but then the whole setup will need to be reprogrammed
Rather avoid that

Just blown the cobwebs off one of my very old Scantronic engineering manuals and unfortunately it is a complete reset and reprogramme can't even get a print of the programme settings as that panel doesn't have a printer port
If you have plenty of spare time you could start at 00001 and hopefully before you get to 09999 you will have the code and before you laugh, yes I do know someone who did do that

Reply to Replacing Old (30 yr) Aritech shock sensor. in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock