Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Replacing Orluna lights for GU10 fittings in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,

I'm looking for help finding the right product to replace our existing light setup.

What I have is pretty much this unit: ORLUNA Detail Mini Recessed Fixed Low Glare downlighter | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/392276123870

I've got some Philips Hue GU10 bulbs and so looking to replace the Orlunas with something GU10 compatible. I've got an electrician to do the work but I just need the materials. Also I can't change the cutout hole which is 7.5cm.

Are these a good option?: MiniSun Fire Rated Gloss White Recessed GU10

Attached are pictures of the current light fixture.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
firstly, the GU10 lamps are 240V so you need to ditch those drivers. secondly you need to source fittings with a 75mm or 73mm cut-out size.

or enlarge the hoes and fit these:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
firstly, the GU10 lamps are 240V so you need to ditch those drivers. secondly you need to source fittings with a 75mm or 73mm cut-out size.

or enlarge the hoes and fit these:

I can't enlarge the holes. I also want to use Philips GU10 bulbs so don't want any integrated LEDs.

Dobes_88

-
Arms
Haven't used those fittings before but they may not be the friendliest of connections for them, I'd recommend these fittings below which are a good price - just remember you'll need IP rated bezels for any lights within bathrooms.

Matthewd29

-
Arms
Esteemed
Hi, minisun are cheap and nasty try and avoid them. Make sure to select lights with correct IP rating

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haven't used those fittings before but they may not be the friendliest of connections for them, I'd recommend these fittings below which are a good price - just remember you'll need IP rated bezels for any lights within bathrooms.

Thanks for the tip. I've ordered a bunch of these so will see how it goes!

Reply to Replacing Orluna lights for GU10 fittings in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Select the ways in which you gain online business

• MyBuilder.com

• Federation of Master Builders

• CheckaTrade.com

• RatedPeople.com

• TrustaTrader.com

• Which? (TrustedTraders.Which.co.uk)

• MyJobQuote.co.uk

• Yell.com

• Google Paid Advertising

• Own Website with Natural Ranking (SEO'd website)

• Social Media (Facebook Twitter Instagram etc)

• Word of Mouth Only for me

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom