Discuss Replacing Orluna lights for GU10 fittings in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for help finding the right product to replace our existing light setup.

What I have is pretty much this unit: ORLUNA Detail Mini Recessed Fixed Low Glare downlighter | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/392276123870

I've got some Philips Hue GU10 bulbs and so looking to replace the Orlunas with something GU10 compatible. I've got an electrician to do the work but I just need the materials. Also I can't change the cutout hole which is 7.5cm.

Are these a good option?: MiniSun Fire Rated Gloss White Recessed GU10

Attached are pictures of the current light fixture.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Replacing Orluna lights for GU10 fittings click - EletriciansForums.net
    click.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Replacing Orluna lights for GU10 fittings optrotronic - EletriciansForums.net
    optrotronic.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 8
firstly, the GU10 lamps are 240V so you need to ditch those drivers. secondly you need to source fittings with a 75mm or 73mm cut-out size.

or enlarge the hoes and fit these:

firstly, the GU10 lamps are 240V so you need to ditch those drivers. secondly you need to source fittings with a 75mm or 73mm cut-out size.

or enlarge the hoes and fit these:

I can't enlarge the holes. I also want to use Philips GU10 bulbs so don't want any integrated LEDs.

Haven't used those fittings before but they may not be the friendliest of connections for them, I'd recommend these fittings below which are a good price - just remember you'll need IP rated bezels for any lights within bathrooms.

Haven't used those fittings before but they may not be the friendliest of connections for them, I'd recommend these fittings below which are a good price - just remember you'll need IP rated bezels for any lights within bathrooms.

Thanks for the tip. I've ordered a bunch of these so will see how it goes!

Reply to Replacing Orluna lights for GU10 fittings in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock