Discuss Samsung Fast charging Pad in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Have any of you lads got one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Wi...3150&sr=1-4&keywords=samsung+wireless+charger

The reason I bought it was that I'm sick of charger wires everywhere and part of the sales patter is that it makes for less clutter but upon opening it I soon realise it needs a bloody cable plugged into it instead of the phone which in turn sits on the pad, so call me cynical but it would appear I now have even more clutter in the shape of the wireless pad and still have a charger lead on my desk/ worktop !!!

I was hoping someone who owns one will tell me that the pad simply needs charging up and then I can lose the cable or do I actually now have a wireless charger that still needs a stupid phone lead for it too work.

Not sure on the charging issue, however could you mount it under your desk / worktop and just place the device above it. This would depend on worktop thickness and the range of the charger.

Not really has I tend to charge it on kitchen worktop where all sockets are above.

I'm more miffed by the sales pitch of it gets rid of clutter when instead of just plugging my phone into the lead I now plug the pad into the charger lead and then sit the phone on the pad it actually rakes up more room now lol

Just reading through the reviews and saw this:

Samsung Fast charging Pad {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Not sure how true this is but if it is, go careful.

I've got the Belkin one and not all that impressed with it. takes 30s positioning the phone on the pad to get it to work, in which time I could have just plugged it in.

To be fair it seems to have quite a wide contact area so no fiddling in that way it would have just been nice without the lead, that way it could go anywhere in house and been really useful.

I guess the idea is that it allows you to do a half tidy install job with the wire because it won't be being accessed each night. that's how I've got mine besides my bed.

Reply to Samsung Fast charging Pad in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock