Discuss School block Swa supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The PEN conductor and not the main tails would need to be 150mm or above for a requirement of a 50mm copper bonding conductor, so despite the fact it’s 50 mm in the main building could be down to an over specced original design and it maybe even larger than what is required.
It’s the PEN conductor which determines the required size of your bonding conductor however it’s most probably correct that your swa armour is going to be well undersized.
Sometimes you just have to assume it was designed correctly if you have no original design information, the existing building I mean and not the added block.
Thanks,agree on that, so a code 2 regarding undersizing of earth bonding cable

My opinion is on this Eicr,regarding all above,I believe the sheath of the Swa maybe appropriate for use as a cpc.
The main bonding is the issue & will not comply code 2

This only goes up to 70mm,,Main bonding over that is 50mm
Not sure what that’s off but bonding on a pme arrangement has nothing to do with the csa of the line or neutral conductors in the consumers side, it’s the DNO PEN conductor csa you need plus the DNO May stipulate a csa regardless

Yea ok,not got the exact Eon supply conductors,will try & source that.
Saying that the earth bond conductors already installed in the main block are 50 mm.

Yea ok,not got the exact Eon supply conductors,will try & source that.
Saying that the earth bond conductors already installed in the main block are 50 mm.
Doubt they even know Cliffed, some aren’t very helpful in my experience

You really need to use the correct terminology when discussing or asking questions about this sort of thing.
Talking about main earth's and using an SWA sheath as cpc makes it appear confusing or that you don't know what you are talking about.

The SWA sheath is made of plastic, it's the armour which is under the sheath which can be used as a protective conductor.

Mixing up terms like CPC, main bond, main earth etc confuses the issue a lot.

It is almost certain the armour will not be able to support bonding given the possible supply PEN size.

You really need to use the correct terminology when discussing or asking questions about this sort of thing.
Talking about main earth's and using an SWA sheath as cpc makes it appear confusing or that you don't know what you are talking about.

The SWA sheath is made of plastic, it's the armour which is under the sheath which can be used as a protective conductor.

Mixing up terms like CPC, main bond, main earth etc confuses the issue a lot.
Agree,my wording may not be 100%,I know the armouring can be used for cpc,Main earth terminology was incorrect,to ask if I know what I’m talking about,seems a bit rude,but hey oh,have a good bank holiday.

Agree,my wording may not be 100%,I know the armouring can be used for cpc,Main earth terminology was incorrect,to ask if I know what I’m talking about,seems a bit rude,but hey oh,have a good bank holiday.

I didn't ask if you know what you are talking about, I said that mixing up terminology can make it appear that you don't.

Reply to School block Swa supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock