Discuss scotland again in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I look at farage as just another politician trev . They all have some good points and all have bad points but if I had to choose who to go for a drink with it would be farage he seems approachable and to have a sense of humour

Really Murdoch

Can I see your figures to back up this claim like

How much taxes are raised by the scots and how much taxes are spent on scots. You have obviously seen them.
The answer to that is 20 quid a head from the Scots and 22 quid an head from the rest of the UK, Scotland earns it's money, the westminster government wastes it all on weapons and MPs expenses, I think the Scottish bashing a bit unfair really, that said you have got chips on your shoulders.

We will get limited or no extra powers .....everyone was warned and I think anyone with a brain and a memory should have realized this. If people voted no in response to these promises then the whole situation is sadder than I first thought.
The Labour party are already saying some powers (Not all that was mentioned) for Scotland but none for England and Wales and NI....Their Mp's will just chuck that out the window.
The Tories (Bless em) are Saying they want to stand by the agreement as well as give powers to the rest of UK....Also want to maintain Barnett as well as Mp's only allowed to vote on policies in their part of the UK...(I actually agree). But backbenchers don't like it and Lib Dems don't like it so that's not going to happen.
Lib Dems....are irrelevant
UKIP - Same as tories really - a coalition between the two next year could see most of the policies pushed through.
Then finally you have the Lords.....They have the power to block or slow down almost everything lol.
I disagree, was talking to a few at my local Labour meeting and Ed will ensure the promises are kept, your guarentee of extra powers will be met under a labour government, you know what you must do next May don't you?

Err its Glasgow. Rangers v Celtic. Prodies v catholics. Nobody never noticed before. :rolleyes:

Err, no it's not. And just to clarify, Celtic and Rangers play football, religion should not come into it, although historically it has, the real football fans are working hard to get away from this image

Funny country Wales, I live by it and have been there literally hundreds of times, I have worked all over south Wales as well, all over it, and they are funny people. The Welsh in the North dislike the Welsh in the South, the Welsh in the South dislike the English, the Welsh in the North want independence from the UK, the Welsh in the South do not (even though they dislike the English). The welsh sparks and construction workers as a whole in the south work all over England due to lack of Work in their areas, they lodge here and go out on the beer with us, but tell us they dislike us lol. There is a cafe in Wales just over the border where there is a sign in the window saying they support any team in the world except England haha, however they love us when we go in there for breakfast, a funny country Wales.

Its about time this thread ended. The scots have voted to be still ruled by the superiour English and it going to stay that way for ever it obvious they realise their place and have voted so. :rolleyes:

Its about time this thread ended. The scots have voted to be still ruled by the superiour English and it going to stay that way for ever it obvious they realise their place and have voted so. :rolleyes:
As a northern brit I have to say that I'd sooner be governed from a successful Edinburgh than Westminster in it's current form.

As a northern brit I have to say that I'd sooner be governed from a successful Edinburgh than Westminster in it's current form.
Think your a closet scot trev. Time to come out and put on your skirt. ;)

Think your a closet scot trev. Time to come out and put on your skirt. ;)
I have nothing in common with the tory scum who currently govern us mate. Words cannot describe how much I hate them for what they do.
If that means I have to put a skirt on then fair enough. It wouldn't be the first time I've worn one. I used to play rugby.

Reply to scotland again in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net