Discuss scotland again in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

There's been a rally in Glasgow tonight to celebrate the no vote. It's been taken over by the Orange Order and various similar right wing groups. ---- salutes being flashed around. Violence in the streets surrounding the place.
Is this what the no campaign has become?

I'm surprised the BBC reported on that, they're usually quite selective about what the people need to see and what they don't

Well have found one news thread but just says police contained etc etc nothing about orange order or ---- salutes . what's ----'s got to do with Scottish independance

Absolutely nothing but some of the O,O are not too dissimilar from ----'s, they just won't admit it or they are too ignorant to realise

Errrr no it most certainly was not.
try imported ulster orange order types, sdl right wing nutters and other associated bottom feeding low lifes.
last night was about a 6 hour riot which made about5 seconds of coverage on Pravda/BBC .
where more pressing newsworthy items such as some boy dropping his new iPhone 6 were deemed more important.
the devo timetable which was meant to be announced the day after the event of a no vote has been missed and will most likely be backtracked on
likewise the pledges made I would imagine.
it would be fair to say that scots who voted no didn't sign up to this nonsense.

Well there is a short bit about it on BBC news now ,so what is the best internet news to go on for fast unbiased informed non gory news
Believe it or not Russia Today tends to report what is happening in the UK quicker and with less bias than ANY ok our own media. As it goes they had a live feed from George Square running all day and night yesterday and were the first news agency to report yesterday evenings goings on.....They are obviously biased when reporting about pro Russian stuff....But as said brilliant for reporting events that have bugger all to do with Russian politics.

Err its Glasgow. Rangers v Celtic. Prodies v catholics. Nobody never noticed before. :rolleyes:
Most people have moved on from the knuckle draggers mate. That is why the trouble was restricted to a few hundred....even though both teams have 50,000 support most weeks. We are talking about a minority of idiots....I live 10 mins away from the area btw.

All Glasgow is a extention of N lreland split down middle catholics and prodiees any excuse to chuck rocks at each other. All a Yes vote showed is there are more catholics in Glasgow.

Errrr no it most certainly was not.
try imported ulster orange order types, sdl right wing nutters and other associated bottom feeding low lifes.
last night was about a 6 hour riot which made about5 seconds of coverage on Pravda/BBC .
where more pressing newsworthy items such as some boy dropping his new iPhone 6 were deemed more important.
the devo timetable which was meant to be announced the day after the event of a no vote has been missed and will most likely be backtracked on
likewise the pledges made I would imagine.
it would be fair to say that scots who voted no didn't sign up to this nonsense.
We will get limited or no extra powers .....everyone was warned and I think anyone with a brain and a memory should have realized this. If people voted no in response to these promises then the whole situation is sadder than I first thought.
The Labour party are already saying some powers (Not all that was mentioned) for Scotland but none for England and Wales and NI....Their Mp's will just chuck that out the window.
The Tories (Bless em) are Saying they want to stand by the agreement as well as give powers to the rest of UK....Also want to maintain Barnett as well as Mp's only allowed to vote on policies in their part of the UK...(I actually agree). But backbenchers don't like it and Lib Dems don't like it so that's not going to happen.
Lib Dems....are irrelevant
UKIP - Same as tories really - a coalition between the two next year could see most of the policies pushed through.
Then finally you have the Lords.....They have the power to block or slow down almost everything lol.

I think the Barnett formula needs to be reduced, so that the Scots pay more themselves - after all, Holyroyd has the powers to raise taxes, so they can if the Scots want to maintain the services the English are subsidising.

UKIP - Same as tories really - a coalition between the two next year could see most of the policies pushed through.
I see UKIP as no more relevant than the Lib Dems, I can't for the life of me see them getting more than about 5 seats and that is nowhere near enough for Farage to achieve his dream of being kingmaker.
He annoys the life out of me anyway the way he bangs on about people being let down by the political class. He's one of them! He's quite happy to take his salary from an organisation he decries while doing absolutely nothing for the people he is supposed to represent and the kippers see him as something close to a god.

All Glasgow is a extention of N lreland split down middle catholics and prodiees any excuse to chuck rocks at each other. All a Yes vote showed is there are more catholics in Glasgow.
So me living in Glasgow and you living in Coventry makes you more informed about the situation up here than me ? Ok cool beans. Like I said GREAT strides have been made in Glasgow and the west of Scotland....the idiots are the minority and they are dwindling.

I think the Barnett formula needs to be reduced, so that the Scots pay more themselves - after all, Holyroyd has the powers to raise taxes, so they can if the Scots want to maintain the services the English are subsidising.
So you want us to subsidize you lot even more ? lol Because we pay more in than we receive from Barnett.....I hope they do go for the reduction too though .....as there would be another referendum within 10 years....

So me living in Glasgow and you living in Coventry makes you more informed about the situation up here than me ? Ok cool beans. Like I said GREAT strides have been made in Glasgow and the west of Scotland....the idiots are the minority and they are dwindling.
i like to think some of us pay attention to what goes on in scotland, i know i do i have relatives there

I see UKIP as no more relevant than the Lib Dems, I can't for the life of me see them getting more than about 5 seats and that is nowhere near enough for Farage to achieve his dream of being kingmaker.
He annoys the life out of me anyway the way he bangs on about people being let down by the political class. He's one of them! He's quite happy to take his salary from an organisation he decries while doing absolutely nothing for the people he is supposed to represent and the kippers see him as something close to a god.
I agree he is a ****. I was just pointing out the way the politics seem to be heading south of the border.

So you want us to subsidize you lot even more ? lol Because we pay more in than we receive from Barnett.....I hope they do go for the reduction too though .....as there would be another referendum within 10 years....

As far as I can tell the Genie is out of the bottle concerning the Barnett formula and this "hot potato" needs to be sorted.

Leaving it unchanged, is not an option.

The English think this, so do the Welsh. Needless to say the Northern Irish are keeping quiet as they benefit the most.

Reply to scotland again in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net