Discuss scotland again in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Think your a closet scot trev. Time to come out and put on your skirt. ;)
I have nothing in common with the tory scum who currently govern us mate. Words cannot describe how much I hate them for what they do.
If that means I have to put a skirt on then fair enough. It wouldn't be the first time I've worn one. I used to play rugby.
Oooo you are awful but I like you.

I agree with u there Murdoch. It's proven 55% off Scots don't think ;-)

Hum... 55% actually did think and see past all the vagaries of AS et al.

You my "friend" are a little Scotlander - only interested in those North of the Border unlike me who wants the entire UK to benefit from the wealth we collectively make.

I have nothing in common with the tory scum who currently govern us mate. Words cannot describe how much I hate them for what they do.
If that means I have to put a skirt on then fair enough. It wouldn't be the first time I've worn one. I used to play rugby.

''ragger'', you mean......as in Rugby School ? :smilewinkgrin:

Funny country Wales, I live by it and have been there literally hundreds of times, I have worked all over south Wales as well, all over it, and they are funny people. The Welsh in the North dislike the Welsh in the South, the Welsh in the South dislike the English, the Welsh in the North want independence from the UK, the Welsh in the South do not (even though they dislike the English). The welsh sparks and construction workers as a whole in the south work all over England due to lack of Work in their areas, they lodge here and go out on the beer with us, but tell us they dislike us lol. There is a cafe in Wales just over the border where there is a sign in the window saying they support any team in the world except England haha, however they love us when we go in there for breakfast, a funny country Wales.

I preface this by stating you come across online as a nice guy...But you said this about the Scottish before too...Maybe it you lol. I still say you are on the receiving end of some banter and are not taking it as intended :)

the reason there is acrimony between the welsh in the north and those in the south is mainly because the welsh assembly ( ach, spit ) spend all the money in cardiff while the north goes to rack and ruin ( look at rhyl ). bit like england then.

I preface this by stating you come across online as a nice guy...But you said this about the Scottish before too...Maybe it you lol. I still say you are on the receiving end of some banter and are not taking it as intended :)
Never take anything I say on here about the Scottish seriously, I do not dislike Scotland or the Scottish people, it is all banter, and never will be anything else.

I disagree, was talking to a few at my local Labour meeting and Ed will ensure the promises are kept, your guarentee of extra powers will be met under a labour government, you know what you must do next May don't you?
If they put in their manifesto and look as if they will deliver then possibly I may vote them...BUT at this point in time they are miles away from me and my values. Going to match the cuts £ for £....I don't consider this a choice !! Thats why we had a huge voting turnout on Thursday...People had a clear choice on something basic and easily understandable.
Voting for Tory or Labour at the moment is like splitting a cigarette paper.

If they put in their manifesto and look as if they will deliver then possibly I may vote them...BUT at this point in time they are miles away from me and my values. Going to match the cuts £ for £....I don't consider this a choice !! Thats why we had a huge voting turnout on Thursday...People had a clear choice on something basic and easily understandable.
Voting for Tory or Labour at the moment is like splitting a cigarette paper.
You are not the only one who thinks that mate, there are some huge differences though, equality for all being one of them and discrimination of disabled and old people another.

You are not the only one who thinks that mate, there are some huge differences though, equality for all being one of them and discrimination of disabled and old people another.

The unpaid carers of the above need to be looked after as well... ;)

Righto.
badged 01 fleas on the dog of Britain comment riled me somewhat.
what does Wales offer to the uk?
the square root of **** all that's what.
we have resources up here wether you want to admit it or not
wales got raped for their coal, slate and steel in the industrial revolution and basically got left to hang thereafter.
mrs f has some Welsh friends coming up in a couple of weeks and I will ask them then how rosy it is down there in a nice way of course.
the average englishmens grasp on the oil and gas industry up here is pretty shaky to say the least.
the British government own hee haw of the rigs or subsea infrastructure in the North Sea.
it was all done by yank companies in the 70s who got to operate tax free for years.
until Heath tried to nationalise it only to get put down by the establishment( no change there then)
the oil firms pay a tax on their license to operate in the areas they drill in the North Sea.
they also pay a tax on the amount of barrels extracted.
the taxes have been hammered in recent years which has actually scaled back investment in fields.
nothing to say on the 6000 square miles of scottish waters which were handed over to England on the night before of the Scottish Parliament opening in 1999. A deal done by Blair and Donald dewar .taking in 10 oilfields previously in Scotland's economic output.
read Craig murrays excellent blog for further details.
so murdochs beloved Barnett formula is basically smoke n mirrors .
we get nothing out of it really.
north sea oil kept the country afloat during some right lean times and the establishment know it.
why the scaremongering to keep us then if we are such a burden ?
if you want to know what the mood on the street is up here it is anger.
i met a few boys today who are far from snp supporters who are seriously angry about the whole thing.
my area had a 40/60 yes no vote.but All visible signs were 40/60 the other way?
were they all hiding in their house till the vote?
70% of over 65s including my own parents voted no.
how so.
scared into voting no over pensions and the like and not being web savvy enough to get past the Pravda propaganda.
one of my mates said his parents did the same and were traitors but I think that's taking it a bit far.
the people of Scotland have been politicised as never before and if the pledges promised don't come about there will be serious trouble.
have I chip on my shoulder ?yes I do .how would you feel if it's a rigged game and there is not much you can do about it.
the South East of England has been artificially kept bouyant over the last two decades due to public money from the rest of the uk.
the rest of Britain has recently woken up to the scam and is now on westminsters case.
how long will the subterfuge last......
It's a taxpayer funded Ponzi scheme we scots have just rumbled it before the rest of you.

Righto.
wales got raped for their coal, slate and steel in the industrial revolution and basically got left to hang thereafter.
mrs f has some Welsh friends coming up in a couple of weeks and I will ask them then how rosy it is down there in a nice way of course.
the average englishmens grasp on the oil and gas industry up here is pretty shaky to say the least.
the British government own hee haw of the rigs or subsea infrastructure in the North Sea.
it was all done by yank companies in the 70s who got to operate tax free for years.
until Heath tried to nationalise it only to get put down by the establishment( no change there then)
the oil firms pay a tax on their license to operate in the areas they drill in the North Sea.
the taxes have been hammered in recent years which has actually scaled back investment in fields.
nothing to say on the 6000 square miles of scottish waters which were handed over to England on the night before of the Scottish Parliament opening in 1999. A deal done by Blair and Donald dewar .taking in 10 oilfields previously in Scotland's economic output.
north sea oil kept the country afloat during some right lean times and the establishment know it.
i met a few boys today who are far from snp supporters who are seriously angry about the whole thing.
how so.
scared into voting no over pensions and the like and not being web savvy enough to get past the Pravda propaganda.
one of my mates said his parents did the same and were traitors but I think that's taking it a bit far.
the people of Scotland have been politicised as never before and if the pledges promised don't come about there will be serious trouble.
have I chip on my shoulder ?yes I do .how would you feel if it's a rigged game and there is not much you can do about it.
the South East of England has been artificially kept bouyant over the last two decades due to public money from the rest of the uk.
the rest of Britain has recently woken up to the scam and is now on westminsters case.
It's a taxpayer funded Ponzi scheme we scots have just rumbled it before the rest of you.

I haven't bothered reading that diatribe.
NO won, and that's that for next 20 or 30 years, get over it.
Everyone else will have done in a few weeks time! :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Ah cmon archy the longest post I think I've ever typed on the forum.
i can't wait until we all get back to discussing the best ways to wire a shed again.

Wales wants more power now. Someone send them a solar panel.:angel_smile:

Righto.
how so.

Its not my formula - Mr Barnett who came up with the "temporary" measure is still alive to take it up with him.

As for the Scots getting noting out of it - well I would venture to suggest that £1600 per head of population versus England - I'd say you get a great deal out of it.

As for the "blatent displays of yes" - well if I'd been a Scots voter I think I would have put up a "yes" poster to keep the SNP off my door step!

Regarding the South Est - do some reading - the South East has delivered consistently over the last 30+ years - and OUR taxes get passed to other parts of the UK - which is quite correct.

Get over this matey - you are demonstrating the typical Scot with an oak tree on his shoulder.

I thought you darn sarf types just worked for monkeys n ponies or whatever types of animal base currency you do for cash?
matey.
try telling everyone else in Britain that they get their fair share in public infrastructure and I think you might get a different story.

I thought you darn sarf types just worked for monkeys n ponies or whatever types of animal base currency you do for cash?
matey.
try telling everyone else in Britain that they get their fair share in public infrastructure and I think you might get a different story.

You need to hold the Governments of the UK from about 1960 to account mate - all of them, all colours, all parties. Not me!

Draw a line roughly from Liverpool/Manchester to Hull --- anything north of that should be allowed their independence behind a big wall. Unfortunately Hadrians not around but there must be someone else who can design it!

Anything south we keep and put Cardiff as the capital to run it all ........ :shades_smile:

p.s. and we deport any shandy drinking southern woosies to join their northern colleagues

Reply to scotland again in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net