Discuss Self employed earnings/Credit crunch slowdown ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Nice post Carter, and I agree. Except no one wants to be a sparky, no one wants 'hands on' anymore,

What can you do? f*uck 'em. They are soon to have their 'choices' dictated for thwm by circumstances.

no matter what the government says, everyone cannot go to uni and learn 'media studies'. It is the biggest con.

"con" being a contraction of the term "confidence trick" and you're dead right but in Zanu-Labour's juvenile grand plan all are destined for the high life.

It is proven with the 'skill shortage' look around, learn to be an electrician in 12-weeks or maybe a plumber, maybe a brickie. Loads of dodgy training outfits out to make a quick buck. Right now no respectable company will employ a 6 month wonder, but they will have to eventually, no choice. And whom can blame them, present legislation make it almost impossible to train a 'trademan' for a small business outfit.

Let's look at a few of those responsible for the mess and charged with its repair.
David Lammy: Our current Minister for Skills. Never had a job, his whole career has been focused on extracting overseas aid from the taxpayer. Operation Black Vote etc ad infinitum
Biography: David Lammy MP for Tottenham

Caroline Flint: former minister for Employment and Welfare Reform. Spectacularly useless. Never had a job that wasn't connected with Nu-Labour's warped cause or with her desire to gain a seat in Parliament.
Caroline Flint - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stephen Timms: the current incumbent who took over after Flint was pumped for letting the cat out of the bag about the migrant labour statistics. Had a job producing wonkish reports about the future. Didn't see this coming though did he. The gormless twot.
Stephen Timms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Andy Burnham: Waffling gobsh!te and former buttmonkey to the odiuos Tessa Jowell, former Chief Sec to the Treasury currently at Kultcha, Meedja and Sport; never had a job that wasn't connected to the labour party, unions etc etc...
Andrew Burnham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Really, I could go on and on picking these people's CVs to pieces but you get the idea. Check for y'self, go on knock yourselves out, have some fun! I challenge anyone to find a current or recent cabinet minister or department head who has EVER done a days actual productive work in their parasitic lives that wasn't funded directly or indirectly by your tax. Do you feel that you have got value for that money? These are a typical cross section of the shiftless swivel eyed dreamers charged with putting the country back in work. f*cking make me laugh. Well I would if the consequences weren't so immediately dire.

Oh and I forgot one more. As the manure hits the fan and the biggest recession in modern history looms where has our Chancellor been, niether hide nor hair of him has been seen until yesterday when he poked his head up like some "whack-a-mole" and told us "it was all going to be going down the crapper an he didn't know how deep the 'U' bend was, thanks for coming, keep paying the taxes though eh? see you at budget time." a big thumbs up to the camera ;) and immediately got his ridiculous monochromatic head back under cover.
Alistair Darling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What a statesman! truly we are blessed. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I agree :)

Seriously though, very, very interesting.

(That's all the 'intelligence' I can contribute)

Anyway, all this has been foreseen by Nostradamus many moons ago.

"The end of the world"

Not necessarily in the fire and brimstone hellfire sense that people usually conjure up in their minds.

More like an end to life as we know it, (oil dependency, which, as said, underpins almost all, if not all, aspects of everyday modern life) so we need to discover a suitable alternative for ourselves.

gerbil wheels attached to generators , that will solve the energy crisis at my house as for what im going to wipe my a**e on when the oil runs out ...

gerbil wheels attached to generators , that will solve the energy crisis at my house as for what im going to wipe my a**e on when the oil runs out ...

By George he's cracked it, mind you when street cleaning, sewerage maintenance and declining public health manifest themselves there'll be enough rats to power the whole shebang. For dinner, ratatouille. As for bogroll? well it's probably going to be the furry bit that didn't end up in the ratatouille. :(

you make many a fine point mr carter .let me apologise for myself ,while generating your own sounds great ,when the oil runs out where and how are the compenents for the genny going to be made and from what?

while generating your own sounds great ,when the oil runs out where and how are the compenents for the genny going to be made and from what?

Again, a very good question Wayne. So good in fact that I reckon you should put it in a formal letter and send it our 'man in the know' Energy Minister Malcolm Wicks who knows everything about it as he's never had a job in the energy, manufacturing, servicing or engineering maintenance industry. Just the man obviously.

He has however had a lot of experience extorting a living by being a professional policy forum wonk and 'Professional Social Administrator' whatever the hell that is. Here's another one who I'd gladly batter over the head with the oar if he wanted in to the lifeboat. Well no that's not strictly true, in fact I'd batter him unconcious in the water, drag him onboard and keep beating his worthless carcass until all that remained was a 6 inch stump of oar and all that remained of Mr. Wicks was a sun dried stain on the deck, whichever came first.
Malcolm Wicks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Then the Government will Announce
All cable must do as we say or else they will not be allowed to operate...and on top of that all this dodgy cable was installed under the tory government..it is not our fault, in fact we are going to make sure it doesn't happen again, we are going to have a minister for cable ...----ers

On top, anyone seen looking at a cable (who has not paid the government looking fee of £2000) will be fined £55.00.
All electricians must be able to spell amp, otherwise a further 50 quid fine will be made. (however the spelling exam will be multiple choice, 40% success is acceptable)

Jackie Smith, the minister for bull **** will oversee all exams (even though she couldn't pass a bus stop) but she is extremely streetwise, only the other day she knew how to install a battery in an overloaded dildo... Hence she is the new minister of sparks

:D lol, love it, Jacui Smith? Let me count the ways I've imagined her screaming exit from this world. hmmm, this is the idiot who wants police to publish localised interactive 'crime maps' so that people know where to visit if they fancy being mugged, stabbed, raped or heavily f*kn patronized by the most clueless Home Secretary I can recall. Of course the crims will bookmark their local heavily policed hotspots and pitch up wherever the map tells them has the lowest police presence. Surely a work of genius, the stupid bitch. Not only stupid but positively totalitarian as she (along with that squirrel faced, lack-witted harridan Hazel Bleeuurrghs) is the one charged with rolling out the first installment of the N.I.R. (Nat Info Register) and creeping implementation of the unconstitutional (and therefore ILLEGAL) I.D. Card Scheme.
But there is a solution to the problem of Jokey Smith...
I was saving this beauty, the Hilti DX450 'Scrotbuster' for Tony (Miranda) Blair if I ever get the opportunity to be alone with him and a stout desk top....

this...
Self employed earnings/Credit crunch slowdown ? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

plus this...
Self employed earnings/Credit crunch slowdown ? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Shot at 2007-11-28 (should have been shot at dawn!) the creative possibilities are endless.

...but since you mentioned that toxic old bag I think I'd rather like to christen it on her. Anybody know if they do a 'raggy old p*ssflap' nailing adaptor for them and what size cartridge should I use to get the loudest scream, and would welder's 'Mole' clamps be a help or hindrance? I do want to produce a professional finish after all.

UPDATE Tuesday 2nd Sept

OK so now they've decided that we are all to become mortgage lenders by offering to bail out those who've f*cked themselves with a huge unpayable mortgage (i.e. borrowed more than they could afford and now whining about it) to the tune of 30%. 'Scuse the f*ck out of me but I didn't want to be in the mortgage securities business, i'm an electrician, nobody asked me if I want to subsidise other people's greed, desperation and rank stoopidity. How dare they? This government basicaly delivered up the british public to the salivating banking professionals and it was always going to be a one-sided contest with the banks the eventual winners. They replaced morality and probity with ineffectual and toothless regulators sworn to protect the wee public investor lambs right up until the point of slaughter that is.
In illustration of this...
Do you remember an advert from 10yrs ago with that fat ---- Robbie Coltrane bouncing up and down on a bed with a laptop in his peejays declaring that
"..aye..wurrr all bank managers noo."
OK then Robbie are you going to organize the 4yr training courses and when do I collect my bank manager's salary and company Volvo?

And that all purpose 'Whack-a-mole' Alistair Darling has announced that he's shifting the Stamp Duty threshold upwards "to encourage the first time buyer". Sorry mate but that isn't the frigging problem and you know it. Listen Alistair, the only reason your in No11 is your abysmal and anonymous record at the Dept of Transport. You were appointed to take the crumbling transport infrastructure off the front page weren't you? Remember Hatfiled, Paddington, Steven Byers. you were the "safe pair of hands" entrusted to take the heat off by doing what you do best ie precisely f*ck all and hiding away from the press. What a complete tw*t. Gordon hoped you'd be able to do the same at the treasury but now you've had to come blinking into the light. Good now we can at least get a clear shot.

The whole stamp duty levy should be summarily scrapped period, it's just another way of dipping our pocket for NO RETURN. Thieving bast0rds. I hear they've recalled Caroline 'Aerobrain' Flint from holiday as the situation is that serious! :eek: Oh God now we're f*ucked.
Ok then, so if you've reduced your net tax take thn you are going to have to reduce some public services aren't you? otherwise you've effectively RAISED the tax burden on the rest of us, savvy? So then, which services are going to be cut???? Come on, which ones??? can we have a list? Oh I seeeee, you're going to allocate the costs to the 2015 public borrowing requirement. So you are borrowing off our kids in the assumption that they will be working and paying tax by then. Bit of a brave assumption dont you think Darling?

He's announced that "we've never been better placed to survive this, I'm optimistic as I have been throughout my chancellorship....but it was bound to slow down"
So why were you predicting growth up until a few months ago when you knew full well this was coming? Nice suntan by the way darling, been anywhere nice?

Is it any coincidence that News24 have just screened a report about people foraging hedgerows for food in Sheffield?????? Are they softening us up for the main event?

I wasnt expecting such a morning read here Carter.Are you a sparky running for a seat at your local constitueny?I don't buy into the peak oil theory crap any more than i do carbon tax.The whole show is run by cartells driven by greed.Today oil hit a $107 low,slowly decreasing from Junes $145 high.How many decreases have we seen at the pumps?Were using less because of financial strain,yet they're keeping the prices high to make up for the lost revenue.Then OPEC start panicking wanting production cuts to stay above a $100 a barrel benchmark they've decided to set themselves.And on the green issue,how come our beloved chancellor who,in May-June,was begging for more oil output to ease the strain?While at the same time Taxing us so heavily for the evil of burning fossilfuels,through the new road tax emissions scheme!Anyway seen as though the whole planet is freezing to death "global cooling" is going to be the next Buzzword.

I think global warming is great. Catching some rays in February. Buggered us for this summer though didn't it? Think the hottest day we had was towards end July beginning Aug, I was driving down to Kent, making good time till I hit the M25 then I was, to put it politely, fuc*ed. Took me 8.5hrs to get there in the end with no AC, crawling traffic and silly bolloc*s in the car next to me playing Dizzee Rascal and bobbing his head up and down.

TW*T

Anyway, I'm off for some fish and chips for me lunch.

"global cooling" is going to be the next Buzzword.

You mean just like the climatological 'experts' did in the 70s? "New Ice Age" and all that old tosh.
Well it's happening again only this time in the opposite direction, they are trying to convince us that global warming is imminent and anthropogenic, ie derived from man's activities and particular the burning of fossil fuels. Over the past few months there has been a notable backing off in certain quarters from the position that it has already arrived because the rather inconvenient truth is that for the past ten years THERE HAS BEEN NO RISE IN GLOBAL TEMPERATURES. mr. Al Gore's pitifully disingeuous ****ty little film is loaded with 'cod' science, speculation, emotive bolx and ten acknowledged errors of fact but yet they are still distributing this fallacious sh!t to all our schools. (They have however been forced by a court ruling to distribute a 'commentary' with the film, sort of bull**** guidance notes for educators, which points out the errata.) Mr Gormless claims a scientific content of 50%!!!
Oh so that's alright then, so long as it's not 100% ****e they can peddle it to our kids, makes a lot of money for Al G as wel of course

The whole thing relies on the new climatological guru, Micheal Mann's infamous 'Hockey Stick' graph which purports to show conclusively the effects of the man's industrial activities on global temperatures and which the IPCC fell for hook line and sinker and formed the 'scientific' basis for its policy formation.

The trouble was that it was a load of crap, Mann's whole submission to the IPCC has been comprehensively fisked after the Canadian statistician Steve McKintyre was accidentaly emailed the algorithm coding used to extract the graphical date from the raw temp input data. McKintyre spotted that the coding deliberately searched for those results which fitted along that hockey stick curve and rejected those that tended to flatten it out. mann had spent years refusing to release his methodologies and program coding for peer review and Mckintyre found out why. Mann's coding could do nothing except produce that curve as that's how it was devised. He exposed Mann as a fraud who was selectively cherry picking data to advance his theory that was just not supported by data. And now governments around the world are being cajoled into signing up for this sh!ite.

19 computer models were recently given a side by side workout on an identical data set and ALL OF THEM produced entirely inconsistent and wildly variant output scenarios. So that f*cks that then doesn't it.

Data collection sites are another area of contention. There are several thousand of these stations (usually white painted louvred cabinets, you see them around ocassionaly) dotted about the world and the data they produce is used to assemble the average global temp records.
The trouble is that whilst many of them when installed were situated in rural and semi-rural areas with acres of clear ground around them, over the years urban encroachment has meant that these stations are now situated in asphalted car parks, industrial land, in the new suburbs adjacent to airport runways all of which have impressed themselves on the climate record as increased average temp when it just isn't, it's in fact the record of human development not increasing global temperatures.

Same controversy exists with interpolated dendochronology and bristle cone pines, honestly there's tons of this stuff out there but poeple are happy to take government's word as gospel. A very naive strategy given their track record.

I could go on but I won't.

Thank fuc* for that
totally disagree

carter you write with great knowledge and humour.
i love your descriptions of the useless incumbents that are running this country.
I am now desperate to get the hell out of here.Spain?
living in birmingham i am now in the minority as immigrants outnumber the indigenous population what a f**cking state to get in!!!!
I feel so sad for our kids who seem to be being left behind by more motivated immigrant kids. I dont blame them for trying to better themselves, but why is it always the U.K.
I saw this coming along with many others about 15 years ago but the cretins in goverment only act now

buenos tardes marty:mad:

Carter.... you on the tools? Can i come and sit with you at dinner.Most of the lads i work with sit around reading the sport or the star and talk about big brother or play fantasy football manager!!!

nice one bane ,has the courage to say what others are thinking,well done;)

Some things defy simple explanation. The current situation is one of those.
Some don't want to hear it but that won't make it go away. (the missus puts up with me because she's equally as clued in and angry:D)
I could keep me mouth shut but then I'd be tacitly condoning the status quo so I can't, I don't and I won't. Ignorance is NOT bliss in this case though it may offer the simpleton's route through it. I have no choice in the matter, for the sake of my lad and his next generation I have to resist it, expose it and keep kicking it in the pods till it collapses in a heap.

totally disagree

carter you write with great knowledge and humour.
ta!
i love your descriptions of the useless incumbents that are running this country.
....as much as I hate having to write them! We shouldn't have to waste so much of our limited time, energy and money fighting our own government!!!! The only legitimate function of govt. is to protect the security of porperty rights and the nation's interests and those of its people in areas most suitable to central administration. It must only do this in those matters WE CHOOSE to delegate to them. We allocate them a set amount of OUR MONEY and grant them the authority (ON LOAN) to carry out those duties then tell them to get on with it. As soon as it starts to encroach on matters that are none of its legitimate business (as decided BY US the electorate) then it is acting out of its remit and must be firmly and if needed, violently, slapped back into place.

Governments are phenomenaly bad at doing things and are extremely costly in the achieving of them so they should given the very least to do, doesn't that sound reasonable? because it does to me. It's only peoples willingness to hand huge chunks of their life to an external agency out of idleness that has allowed the *******s to get as far as they have.
Governments will always try to appropriate more power to itself, it's in their nature, they smell the aphrodisiac of power, get a stiff one for free and from then on they can't help themselves. That's why we have to keep a constant watch on their mission creep. I you take your eye off them for a second they will start interfering and legislating your life from under your nose.

I am now desperate to get the hell out of here.Spain?
sigh....:(

...living in birmingham i am now in the minority as immigrants outnumber the indigenous population what a f**cking state to get in!!!!

Worst case projections indicate that the rest of the country is due to reach that condition sometime around 2060 and in any event by around 2110 (ie no matter what we do re immigration) from...
Immigration and ethnic change in low-fertility countries – towards a new demographic transition? by David Coleman, University of Oxford and Sergei Scherbov, Vienna Institute of Demography.

And I have YET to see that statistic on a SINGLE front page. Why could this possibly be do you think! I have my explanation but I'm always keen to hear as many others as are credible.

I feel so sad for our kids who seem to be being left behind by more motivated immigrant kids. I dont blame them for trying to better themselves, but why is it always the U.K.

Same here, it disgusts, enrages and baffles me that a country and a people could do this to themselves. is there something in the water after all?

I saw this coming along with many others about 15 years ago but the cretins in goverment only act now

Take it from me Marty they have no intention of 'acting' unless its acting concerned, there's certainly nothing in any major manifesto that I've seen that has a hope in hell of halting this treason. They are importing a fresh voting bloc as they know that they cant fool the indigenous electors for much longer. Even the trade unions are ripping up their Labour Party memberships in disgust. hopefully they'll smarten up sufficiently to rip their union cards up at the same time as they are tucked up tight in Nu-Lab's bed. But then they don't need to keep the pretence up for much longer than a few more 'parliaments' and the job will be all but complete. That's why I insist that time is the real issue, there is a lot less remaining than folks actually realize.

Oh for fuc*s sake!

You've started him off again! ;)

(And stop kissing --- piggyitm and mbarrett) ;)

pmsl;) dont dare to think what hed be like stoned:eek:

Carter.... you on the tools? Can i come and sit with you at dinner.Most of the lads i work with sit around reading the sport or the star and talk about big brother or play fantasy football manager!!!

i should think he has trouble eating his dinner,do you get hic cups carter:p

OMG. Carter - do you go to work or just try and re-write war and peace on this forum? Spend some time with the missus - I reckon she deserves it if she has to contend with half of the droning on that we have to put up with!:p

Carter.... you on the tools?

Did twenty+ on site, have been off site the past five involved in other things but looking to get back at it in near future unless I can extend the current project. Plus, I miss the crack!

Can i come and sit with you at dinner.Most of the lads i work with sit around reading the sport or the star and talk about big brother or play fantasy football manager!!!

Christ bail out chap, go for a walk, anything but Big Brother! Been there, got bored, didn't learn anything other than how tediuosly ignorant most people are, they'll vote in droves for a fantasy one while a real one ticks away in their chip & PIN passport. If that sounds arrogant well so what. it's the truth. Spare chair there Piggy and it's £1:50 in the tea kitty.

Oh for fuc*s sake!

You've started him off again! ;)

:( :( :(

I'll get me coat...

pmsl;) dont dare to think what hed be like stoned:eek:

It knocks the volume back a few dB that's about it. No time for that these days.

i should think he has trouble eating his dinner,do you get hic cups carter:p

You'd think that wouldn't you but surprisingly not, who says men can't multi-task, pah!

OMG. Carter - do you go to work or just try and re-write war and peace on this forum?
Just responding to the thread Cirrus as comprehensively as possible. It's a complicated subject so it's a long response. T'aint War & Peace I just scribble down what's been worked out years ago. piece of ----.

Spend some time with the missus - I reckon she deserves it if she has to contend with half of the droning on that we have to put up with!:p

We have rarely been more than fifty feet apart in the last 5yrs. ---- do I need a holiday!

Reply to Self employed earnings/Credit crunch slowdown ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock