Discuss Serious issue - missed by people in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

baldelectrician

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Went to an EICR yesterday to a let property that was tested 5 years ago (and apparently passed) 🤭

See how long it takes you to notice - the red box will be a give away 😀

The Wylex RCD was also noted as a C3

20220419_111143-2.jpg

Clue: Cilla Black

That looks like someone thought they’re do that as an experiment, to see if it still worked… and then forgot to switch it back….

Been like that since mr G Anderson checked it in 2011?

Also looks like wylex is an exact copy of Sector… or vice versa.

Would this affect the meter reading at all? (Lower? Just a thought ) 😉

A WTF moment. It must have been deliberate, but why?
I think you may be underestimating the human brains capacity to do daft things without noticing. :D

The only reason I can think of for it being deliberate is that the tails are too short to reach the correct terminals but everything is sealed so would imply a meter fitter either did it or didn't notice it.

I think the middle two meter terminals are just a link anyway, and together with the nearest PME link, I don't believe it would affect metering in any way. Apart from the undersized conductor, the other issue is the isolator is only providing 1 pole isolation.

I'd say whoever fitted the isolator fitted the connector blocks, and their right leg is two inches shorter than their left.
Most likely a smart-meter installation mistake?

That looks like someone thought they’re do that as an experiment, to see if it still worked… and then forgot to switch it back….

Been like that since mr G Anderson checked it in 2011?

Also looks like wylex is an exact copy of Sector… or vice versa.

Would this affect the meter reading at all? (Lower? Just a thought ) 😉
G Anderson would have only been there to check the consumer unit as part of the Wylex faulty MCB campaign those labels were supplied by Wylex who paid £75 + the cost of any faulty MCB's replaced for every checked consumer unit that was supplied between certain dates when the fault was found

It still doesn't excuse the fact that it was not brought to anyones attention though

Reply to Serious issue - missed by people in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net