Discuss Smart alarm system recommendations in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Andy J

-
Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to upgrade our existing, wired, burglar alarm system for smart alarm system. We don't use it as the cat keeps setting it off, although it works fine. Rather than just get pet PIRs I would like to upgrade the whole system.

I don't want to go down the WIFI or hybrid route, so wired only.

Last year, on recommendations on this forum, I fitted a Hikvision wired CCTV system with a 108G-F1 DVR. This works excellently and I use the phone app. It would be good to get a system that integrates with the CCTV, but not essential.

I understand that Castle/Pyronix/Hikvision can integrate with the Hikvision CCTV.

I would be looking at minimum 8 PIRs.

Has anybody any recommendations please?

Much Appreciated,

Andy

Pyronix is a Hikvision companyso i'd stick with them.

Texecom is very good system, paired with smartcom module will give you mobile access anywhere. Also if you have IP cameras that support jpeg video they can be added to the system.

I've heard good things from AJAX alarms, I'm yet to install one but they are supposed to link with Hikvision.

I think these are only wireless though!

I have already heard a couple of times mentions of a smart ajax security system on the forum and mostly I have only heard good reviews from users. Perhaps this is really a very good option for an inexpensive price? I don't really understand this well enough and I need some advice from you myself. I would be grateful if you could explain to me why this security system is good and how many useful functions it has in comparison with competitors. If you have those who use this security system, please write about it.

"Smart" is a word that always worries me . Its over rated and tends to come with a whole new set of issues ! I also think Texecom are the market leaders .What they do they do it really well. And an Alarm wont really stop most criminals these days .Not when 99% of police are on "mask duties " only and everyone else gets a "crime report number " . Proximity security is the best defence and "evidence " gathering . Just hide the CCTV recorder and if possible get audio . The amount of times scum talk to each other when robbing is unreal .And they then use real names and also mention plans to sell the stuff to who and where etc .

"Smart" is a word that always worries me . Its over rated and tends to come with a whole new set of issues ! I also think Texecom are the market leaders .What they do they do it really well. And an Alarm wont really stop most criminals these days .Not when 99% of police are on "mask duties " only and everyone else gets a "crime report number " . Proximity security is the best defence and "evidence " gathering . Just hide the CCTV recorder and if possible get audio . The amount of times scum talk to each other when robbing is unreal .And they then use real names and also mention plans to sell the stuff to who and where etc .

99% of police are NOT on mask duties. More Facebook garbage.

Agree about CCTV and keeping the DVR hidden.

The eight police that attended the crash at the bottom of our road a few days back did not even mention the fact I was not wearing a mask, they all were and so was the Ambulance crew, I apologised for not wearing one and they said that's OK we are in the open air and not crowded together, seems a sensible approach to me.

@DPG can you walk on water.?

jesus.... take a break from yourself !

What's your problem? You want to come out with blatantly obvious statements then prepare to be corrected.

I did agree with some of your comments to be fair.

What's your problem? You want to come out with blatantly obvious statements then prepare to be corrected.

I did agree with some of your comments to be fair.

That should have said blatantly obviously wrong statements. Too late to edit.

thread is blatantly off track, derailed, not just ining for the norwegian woods or resting, it's a dead thread, stuck to it's perch with gorilla glue.

HKC alarms link pretty well with Hikvision CCTV too, pretty reasonable cost wise. We always install Texecom but there’s not much smart tech with them really
I suppose it's the old "if it ain't broke" after that it's "don't fix it so it is"
While I can understand the new tech age we are in that everything needs to be operable from a PCD the question is does the smart bit compromise the installed system

Can anyone explain to me what is so smart about them, when you are in an area with no mobile connection and flint walls reflect WiFi and any other kind of radio wave.

I suppose it's the old "if it ain't broke" after that it's "don't fix it so it is"
While I can understand the new tech age we are in that everything needs to be operable from a PCD the question is does the smart bit compromise the installed system
The Texe stuff is faultless and in my opinion is better with an old school dialler or GSM module than the SmartCom. I’d personally like to receive more than a quiet notification when I’m being broken into...

Hi Andy,

I’ve got similar requirement too yours and looking Pyronix and HKC.

Which system do you eventually go for ?

Thanks

Reply to Smart alarm system recommendations in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock