Discuss SMD LED porch spots all started flickering at same time in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Jane17

-
Reaction score
Hi hoping someone can help me...
I have 3 SMD LED spotlights in my porch & all 3 started flickering yesterday- I have an on/off switch no dimmer & they had been working fine for over a year...
Originally bought from B&Q but no longer sell them
Why would all 3 start flickering at the same time?
& what do I need to buy/replace to get them working again?

SMD LED porch spots all started flickering at same time D1245F79-EABC-446E-ABAB-2A4A56CD57A0 - EletriciansForums.net

SMD LED porch spots all started flickering at same time 5E09EA5A-0085-4E02-9C21-2F79282C750D - EletriciansForums.net

Are they all on their own transformer, if so likely loose connection somewhere.

If one transformer for all three then either loose connection or transformer failure.

There's always other possibilities but these are the most likely, imho.

If one transformer for all three then either loose connection or transformer failure.

Thanks GBDamo - yes they are all on the same transformer... I shall try replacing that before the spotlights

any constant current driver with a rated output of > 1.2A and voltage >13V would do.

Have the polarity been checked

on a second look at OP. it would appear that each light is 1.2A @ 12V, as there are 3 lights, that's 3.6A in total, so it seems that the driver is undersized.

some thing doesnt add up ?
4.5w @ 12v is less than 400ma
where does 1.2A come from ?
unless it's for three or four lights

either way a replacement driver will be available

Last edited:

Reply to SMD LED porch spots all started flickering at same time in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock