Discuss solar panels installation and test on allotment site in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi
we are after some funding for solar panels for a community allotment meeting room. 4 x 100 watt panels , controller and inverter. all come as part of a kit and will only be used to charge power tools and lighting..i am a retired industrial spark so will be installing it myself. problem is the funders are stating that installation will need to be tested and paper certificate supplied. What are peoples thoughts, is this neccesary, no indication of this from supplier and there customer service says no as it is a complete DIY install kit. any advice would be much appreciated as i need to give them evidence it is not reqd before they release funding. cheers

Whilst testing is generally always necessary, for such a small system I wouldn't think it's essential if in a pre-built kit format. I would either;

Ask the suppliers' customer service team to put in writing that testing and certification is not necessary on the system, and they are happy for it to be installed on a DIY basis. Send that to the funders, and it should satisfy them (unless they are particularly pedantic).

or

Test the system yourself during installation, and use forms like the ones here (Solar PV Test Forms and Commissioning Certificates - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/solar-pv-test-forms-and-commissioning-certificates.44461/) to record the results (most likely N/A for most as the system is so small), then the funders have a test record and will just need to understand that for such a small off grid system there is no certification scheme in place.

Hope that helps, funders can be a right PITA as they often understand very little outside their immediate realm!

Whether it’s a requirement or not it may just be a condition of the ‘funders’. May be the usual backside covering exercise to ensure they have no liability if they have funded a dangerous installation. My thoughts FWIW.

Reply to solar panels installation and test on allotment site in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock