Discuss Split 3 phase across 2 domestic properties in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi gents I m looking for info comments advice that will help me look knowledgeable to my boss (money man) northen power grid. & mep consultant .
I have been given a project to split 26 student clusters (6 bed) into 54 x 2 bed flats. current supply and metering to each student cluster is as per photograph. I have asked northan power grid to give me an additional 28 MPANs and im awaiting a price.

Will i simply be able to split existing 3 phase supply 1 phase to each flat for economy 7 water and space heating (say 6 x 16amp circuits per flat) then split 3rd phase== power 32 a lighting 6a and shower 40a cooking 32a (separate kitchen power + smoke would be nice) will diversity give me this.
your thoughts on a better conflagration and any recommended equipment to install to reduce energy use or make the installation easy would be nice.

Work is in Newcastle probably to be completed by xmas and could possibly be organised as a hospital job if anyone is interested in having a look at it./ pricing it. there will be emergency lighting and a potential to crawl about in existing ceiling voids etc etc in the block etc as well

parrish elec.JPG

Hi Markthebuilder.
There are a number of approaches you could take for this depending on the setup.
Will each flat pay there own electricity bill or will it be included in the rent. Is it a shared kitchen / bathroom.
Economy 7 may not be the cheapest way to heat.
Im happy to look at this with you if that helps.
Brendon

Yes the plan is for each flat to be self contained and will have their own kitchen etc.
I don’t know what the best heating and hot water solution will be yet but it will be electric.
I’m trying to highlit the major problems to the client. That will significantly impact on the whole project cost And fishing on here for suggestions

Reply to Split 3 phase across 2 domestic properties in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net