Discuss Spring Budget 2024 Allocates £800m To Offshore Wind Farm Projects in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

2024 budget.jpg

Spring Budget 2024 Allocates £800m To Offshore Wind Farm Projects As Part Of £1bn Pledge To Invest In Green Power.​

Developers will be able to bid for some of the fund to create new Offshore Wind Farms in a bid to improve Green Energy in the UK. This is for projects that be delivered from 2027 and tendering will start soon.​

solar farm.jpg

The rest of the 200m will be ear marked for other cleaner energy schemes such as solar farms and hydroelectric power. Todays announcement has been welcomed by industry experts but they warn more needs to be done to help get such promises from paper to reality.

With the whisper of an election in the last half of this year, could todays announcements fade into oblivion if a new Party is elected?

Tell us your thoughts below!

solar only works when its sunny.... wind turbines only work when its windy..... but not too windy.....

hydro is a proven technology, and its always bloody raining!

I still think, possibly wrongly, that if we stop digging for coal, oil and gas completely, then there will be a pressure build up somewhere and a place like Iceland will get split in two

I think it is mad how we live on an island and don't harness the seas' energy!

And also in the budget, the government is encouraging people to have more children by increasing the child allowance, I understand why it was introduced after the war to increase our population, but ..........................

Not sure its to increase the population this time though. The childcare cost v earnings for that bracket of earners is mental.

However, as for the windfarms. They must use British labour and manufacturing and even limit investments to British companies or tax payers even. But it'll be an outside firm that ends up owning them and will backfire.

I should be more positive really shouldn't I lol 😅 🙃

This is brilliant news it'll really kick-start the economy and if we build enough close together near Dover it might stop the boats too?

When are governments going to wake up and realise that wind and solar are no good for base load? They have their place but we need more Nukes/gas to keep everything going.

We don't want imported gas for now lol surely.

Liquified and cross the sea then gassed is a massive CO2 cost.

Wind all day long IMO they're getting better and I think at least blades made in Wales so good for economy... probably?

It'll always need be topped up and I'd say more nuke but investment from the UK. Not get foreign builders in for it all and then them own the pricing.

Reply to Spring Budget 2024 Allocates £800m To Offshore Wind Farm Projects in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock